Thread: Close pregnancies

Default Close pregnancies

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there are any complications with having your pregnancies close together. My little one was 10mths when we accidently fell pg. Would love to hear back from anyone that has been thru it or are going thru it.

Thanks.

Hi Amanda,

From what some of the girls have said around the boards here, there may be some if you had a c-section from the last bubs. Not that I want to scare you of course!

Otherwise I'm not sure myself.

mizzsocial Guest

Hey! I am preggo with #2 and have a 10 month old too!

I dont think there are any risks to be concerned with.. If there was, then the doctors that confirmed our pregnancys would have told us there concerns etc..

The way i see it is, when the body is ready to carry another pregnancy, then you will fall pregnant.. and i was having unprotected sex for 5 months and didnt fall pregnant till now, so therefore, my body is ready now..

I think the only problem, if any, is that you'll need a lot of energy running around after two littlies!!

I have to agree with mizzsocial though! Good point.

I also have heard if you had a normal birth then you should wait about 6 months before trying again to let your body heal.

My sister is pg with #2 she is 24 weeks and her little girl is only 8 months old. Everything is going fine with her pregnancy other than being tired looking after a little one.

Amanda, this is the thread Kate mentioned http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13470

Take Care

Deeanne