Thread: Cold Flushes.....Not hot Flushes!!!

Default Cold Flushes.....Not hot Flushes!!!

Ok, I am getting really cold, chilled to the bone flushes! I remember getting hot flushes when preg with DS, but this is weird....I am not sick or coming down with anything, and have had it for about 2 weeks now....
    Has anyone had "Cold" flushes instead of "Hot" flushes, or is there something wrong with me?

Hi Ally,
    I don't know if you would call it flushes but I have been really cold too. I am almost 12 weeks preg and it is slowly stopping. Last week it was a hot day and hubby was wearing shorts and a singlet top around the house. I had a long sleeve top on, a jumper over the top and track pants on and I was still cold. It wasn't really a flush because it lasted for most of the day. Now that this is slowing down it has gone the other way. One minute I will be freezing and the next I will be too hot. Strange. I also did not get cold with my first bub but this one has definately made me cold. So I think I know what you are talking about.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! I start to shiver any time, any where - even when it's over 25 degrees in my office and I have on a warm blouse! Especially now the temp is 15-20 and I'm in jumpers all the time. It's very, very cold work being pregnant! I am constantly frozen, in fact in Austria in July I was cold enough to really like the fire displays whilst wearing a jacket, but when I stood up I realised my legs had been sweating... but I was freezing!

It hasn't gone away, and my mother had this too, even in the third trimester (I was looking forward to being nice and warm this winter, alas this is not to be). In fact, she thought I was mad for saying I should be warm!

Gosh! It is weird hey...I am kinda glad I'm not the only one LOL! As I said before, I was hot all the time with DS...And this time, just chilled to the bone! Cant get warm....
    I thought there was something wrong with this pregnancy...obviously not....

It wouldnt want to last for too long.... I HATE being cold!

Thanks Girls
    Last edited by EllyBoo72; October 5th, 2006 at 10:47 PM.

Ally - I am the same at the moment. I have been curling up on the couch with a blanket. My husband thinks it is silly, because I want to put an extra quilt on the bed lol

yes ive been colder than usual.

hubby was upset last night that im still using the heater in october.

ahhh well.

yep i was always freezing from 4-8 weeks. now im ok i think?

Niknrik Guest

I am definately freezing. Same time every night....about 6.30 it starts and no matter how many blankets etc.....still cold!!

kizzy Guest

Me too! I'm freezing in my office while everyone is telling me it's hot! I thought I was going nuts.

Not sure if it ever got added to the symptoms of 1st Trimester - but I started almost exactly this thread when I was about 5-6 weeks pregnant and lots of other girls experience the same thing. Rug up and turn the heating on my dear!

LOL Thanks Kar! So strange tho....I am used to hot flushes LOL!