Thread: Cold Sores - any way to treat them??

Default Cold Sores - any way to treat them??

Anyone know a great way to treat cold sores whilst preggers?

DO NOT USE ZOVIRAX!!!

I had 4 yes 4 from the damn weather change!!

Dr said get ice in a chux and hold for 2minutes and freeze them and I was also using carmex moisturizing balm which the chemist recommended to me

Thx - I've been using Lypsine but can only have 2 a day, was hoping for a small miracle

I was also recommended Carmex and found it worked quite well, I still use it now if I get one.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

What is Lypsine? Lysine is a supplement great for preventing and curing them, see a naturopath so you can find out the max dose you can have and a quality supplement too.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Dab alcohol on it as soon as you feel it coming on. Isopropyl wipes are best.
    Then when it gets established, powder it with a combo of bicarb and cornflour as many times a day as you can handle.
    Then, when it's in its departing phase, use a non-petroleum pawpaw ointment.

And yep, Lysine is an ace preventer. I have gone waaay more than one year without one, even though I stopped taking it when I got pg.