Thread: Controlling temperature

MummyJo Guest

Default Controlling temperature

I seem to have an issue controlling my temperature. It can be 23 degrees (as it is now) but I feel cold wearing a tshirt & jeans. I'm almost 9 weeks. Especially at night I'll go to bed & be shivering so I'll pop on doona and blanket as one or the other isn't enough only to wake up 2 hours later sweating!! I then look to see what blankets DH has got on and put the same on me only to sit there shivering again!!!
    Can anyone please ??

My temp has been all over the place with this pg too. It levelled out around 14-16wks but I was the same really felt the cold and everyone kept telling me how pg women don't feel the cold

MummyJo,

I went through the exact same thing around the 9 week mark as well!!!

This pregnancy has been all over the place compared to my last one and I don't remember the temperature issue with Patrick. But this time I was definately hot one minute and cold the next.

I thought I might be coming down with something, but nothing happened. You just to ride it out. It's just your body adjusting and your placenta is really starting to grow now and it should be fully functioning in the next couple of weeks.

Maybe it has something to do with that and the change in hormones that this stage causes. Sorry I can't be more help, but if it helps, I haven't had that for a bit now....

I was exactly the same! Kept feeling hot then cold, it's enough to drive you insane isn't it!!