Thread: Cramping....

Unhappy Cramping....

HI girls,

I have recently found out that I am pregnant. I think, going by AF dates, I am almost 6 weeks. I have been getting really weird cramps that I didnt have with my other two and I am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing it. It comes and goes during the day but in general it is there all the time. When I stood up today I got some pulling that I suppose it the tendons supporting the uterus. Other than that, I have no idea what it could be. Im a bit worried. I have had two previous cesears, so maybe it could be the scar stretching? However being only 6 weeks, it cant be growing that much unless there is 2 in there! hahaha. If anyone knows anything, it would be great to hear

Oh and just to let you know, it is centralised, so I dont think it could be an ectopic pregnancy.

MummaB, I too have been having a level and type of cramping which I never experienced in my first PG. Mine comes and goes but it's pretty bad, I guess if you're worried, see your GP/caregiver and have a chat. Mine reassured me it's perfectly normal and just to manage it by eating properly, resting enough and painkillers when it's really bad.
    HTH

Some irregular cramping is not unusual early in pregnancy providing there is no bleeding. If you are worried you should get it checked out

Thanks everyone. I am seeing my GP on Friday so hopefully everything should be ok. Early pregnancy is full of worries I guess.
    Alan, its great to see a male midwife around here!!.

sajemsha Guest

Hi Mamma bear, I had pulling along my scar in the first few weeks, but it hasn't bothered me since. Hopefully things will settle as you get more pregnant, Take care.

Early pregnancy is definitely the hardest in terms off worrying its awful!

I had a LOT of cramping..even up until about 10 weeks. I guess a lot of things are "happening" there?

Definitely mention it to your doctor who can do a quick u/s if they are worried, but Im sure everything will be fine! Hang in there

Hi Mumma Bear
    I too had the cramps and even back ache. They have eased off a bit now but still come around every now and again. I've been told that it is very normal and someone mentioned that it could be my uterus stretching. (Don't ask me why its so much seeing as bubs is only 1cm long or so)
    If you are still worried then have a chat to your doctor.
    Good luck and take it easy