Thread: crampy pains is it normal

Unhappy crampy pains is it normal

I am 4 1/2 weeks and today i am getting slight cramping and dull ache in my hips is this normal..

its not really painful just there.

I feel silly asking but you know how it is . First time and all.....

Do you all have this fear in the back of your mind you might lose it. especially this early on..

Yes it's normal and yes it's also normal to feel like you might lose it early on. I STILL feel like that! It's hard not to worry, but try not to.

I felt quite pre menstral in early PG and had quite a few cramps also.

Thank you

Hi meegm
    I also had a lot of cramping up to about 7wks - and I still stress out at every ache or twinge.

Don't worry about asking questions - if you are stressed about anything just remember your doctor is only a phone call away.

Take care.

Debbie Lee Guest

Yes... very, very normal! For the first 4-6 weeks (from memory so I could be wrong), I felt like AF was coming. When I did the HPT for Gabby, I swore it was going to come up negative (I only took it to bring on AF). It's all normal, normal, normal!

Hi chicks,

I see this as a good thing actually because it means that you're womb is expanding to make room.

Your womb expands a bit at the start, and then the bubba grows into it's space. It does this all the way through until you are huge and don't feel like you can get any bigger, and then you grow again!!

Take heaps of photo's of your belly and when you look back you'll be amazed at how big you got.

I had mild aching until around week 10 with Patrick and then it was very bad. I thought I was going to loose him. I was lucky that my sister in law was pregnant at the same time and I called her and she confirmed that she'd had the same thing.

Trouble for me was that I had internal scare tissue from about 4 surgeries for Endometriosis. So I had a lot more to stretch and get rid of than you would. So my pain lasted most of the way through the second trimester also, but subsided by the third.

Try not to worry. Everytime I feel it (had it bad yesterday). I smile and remind myself that it's all good and that it's just my body doing a great job. If you can, lie down and try and rest. I was lucky as it was my day off yesterday, so I turned on the TV for my little man, and tried not to jump up and down too much and just relaxed. No housework got done, but who cares! Remember to rest, rest, rest!!!

Thanks Tash.

Today im getting a heavy feeling but after reading your post i just smiled and thought - YEP thats it things are moving hehehehehehe

unfortuanlty i work fulltime But its an office job and i can slack off if required hahahahahahaha

cheers

I see youa re only about a week further than me good luck..

Yes, that's the feeling I had yesterday. Trust me, I'd rather be at work on the days I feel yuk! It's hard with a little one. And mine is a bit clingy at the moment, he still has 4 molars to come and that my friend, can be worse than labour!!

And yes, we share little sacks with cells at the moment! Yay, can't wait until next Thursday when I have my ultra sound and hopefully see my blob with the heart beating.

Take care and you know if the pain is annoying or uncomfortable, you can take panadol safey. It'll ease the pain and helps take your mind off things too.

Thanks Tash....

I've had bad pains on one side but that was my scare tissue.

Everyone is different, if you're worried just call your Obs or see you GP and try and get an ultra sound.

They usually don't worry unless there's blood, but for some people they can still have periods and a normal pregnancy! How would that be!!:eek:

I know girls who've had spotting at week 8 and been fine. Apparently that's "normal" too.

I hope that i dont have any bleeding at all. It would scare me.....

i just so want this to be a healthy little bubba and stay with me for as long as possible.

But i think i will be fine ........

Meegm - I am soooo glad you asked the question re:cramping & aching! Just found out we're pg with #2 and even tho I had a fat BFP am still going to the loo, 'just to check!!' coz I am having the odd ache - sorry if TMI!!

In regards to your comment re: bleeding scaring you - I just wanted to share that when we were 6 wks with #1, I got sick with worry over seeing what looked like the start of a period! I had an ultrasound to make sure AF wasn't about to happen - which it obviously didn't but it scared me half to death. I was told that it could've been further nestling & burrowing by littl'n. (??) The great thing for me was my GP was on the end of the phone whenever I needed her! I really appreciated all the help and reassurance she gave me (i even bawled my eyes out to her over the phone!!)

So like the girls have already said, don't ever feel weird about just calling your ob or gp - if you're unsure about something, I reckon its better to be safe and know exactly what's going on!! (my gp & ob got to know me reeeeeeallly well! lol!)

Good luck with your pg honey! May it be H&H all the way!!

TashieD

I'd love to hear more about your experiences with being pregnant after endometriosis surgery.

I am just past 8 weeks, and within the last week, the cramping pain has become much worse...but especially in my back. I have a pretty high pain tolerance (endo sufferer ) but I've been finding the back pain so bad I coudln't get out of bed today until 2pm. I know it's not muscular or ligament, because it feels exactly like endo pain when I get AF, but getting much worse. I never had this with my other pregnancies, but they were the BE period (before endo )

I've been feeling really stressed about this, but reading your post about your experience really helped. I have had 2 endo surgeries, one was very extensive, the other was actually open stomach surgery instead of keyhole, the most recent 2 years ago. It now totally makes sense reading your experience why I am getting such excruitiating pain that no massage, heat or panadol will help..it would be the scars stretching for sure. And I'd imagine the uterine adhesions also wouldn't be helping with all the added pressure down there.

Thankyou for sharing your experience, it's really helped me not to worry, until I get to the doctor at least on Tuesday

as heaps of the other very lovely ladies have suggestions the cramping you are experiencing is very normal as your uterus stretches to accomodate bubby.

Talking Note to Tara

Hi Tara,

I'm happy to discuss my endo issues with you.

If you have an email address or you'd like to talk on the phone, just email me at [email protected] and we can get in touch that way.

Sometimes these posts can be hard to keep tracking each other.

Otherwise, I'm happy to post here so that others who may have the same issues can also read.

Up to you.

Hi,

Just to join in and say I have been having cramps,twinging and pains since FET which was 3 weeks ago now. I am 4wks and 5 days. It is scary because I think can I be permanently stretching because the pains are there most of the time. However after reading this thread it is good to see it doesn't sound too abnormal. I can't wait for my 7 wk scan to see everything is how it should be!

Hello Ladies.

I am 13 weeks now and I have experienced cramps the whole time! IN the beginning they seemed almost a permenant fixture, but they have become milder and less frequent during the past 4 weeks, but they have not disappeared. Everything else about my pregnancy is perfect - no m/s, baby growing really well, all my u/s screenings have been great.

I'm sure it's just my body adapting to the fact that I have another human growing inside of me...which is such an amazing miracle I can't help but smile! I hope you guys relax about the "stretching pains" and enjoy the ride!