Thread: Demanded to go home!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Demanded to go home!

I have heard similar stories to this from other pregnant women but thought I would share mine to see if there are even more!

When I found out I was pregnant, John and I decided we should start going out to dinner a bit more, share some quality couple time before the baby came.

We went out to dinner in a trendy cafe and all I felt like was a hamburger. I saw others that ordered this hamburger and it was so big! I didn't know how I was going to fit it in my mouth without looking like a pig LOL! So I starting bawling my eyes out and demanded to go home. The food had just arrived so I left and John ate his then we went! LMAO oh boy, it seems soooo stupid now but makes you wonder what our hormones are doing to us!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Debbie Lee Guest

Ya dag! But still very cute
    Hope your hubby had a good giggle at ya

Jen Schuster Guest

DH and I were at the hospital trying to comfort a good friend of ours who was going through a very long and painful labour. When she was going through a very very painful contraction her husband was trying to comfort her while she was sucking on the laughing gas - telling her all the breathing suff, however she didnt see it as comfort and hit him over the head with the gas (he required 4 stitches) and told him to see how he would feel if he had a baby coming out his :shock:
    Hmmm needless to say she does not remember a thing - Good thin DH and I were there or noone would have beleived her DH - LOL

I was in the middle of labour 2 min contractions and pethadine just wearing off when I got a phone call from my best friend. I yelled down the phone to her... MICHELLE NEVER EVER HAVE A BABY !!! she has never let me forget it but now has a gorgeous son of her own, and if she so much *****es about her labour or pregnancy i say "Well I did warn you"

Also my midwife told Andrew that I would still be in labour at 11pm that night it was around 2.30pm at the time. So he decided to go down have a smoke and do the family phone calls to let them know I was still at it. He walked back into the labour room at 3.12pm and Kameron was born 8mins later. Mum and I still bag him for nearly missing his birth LOL

love

jenspag Guest

I once pushed a rack of clothing out the door of a shop with my belly. It was on wheels and went about 2-3 metres out the door of the shop... I just walked away pretending it wasn't me...

Jen Schuster Guest

I yelled at my boss today when we had a disagreement - "Dont mess with the pregnant woman" and stormed out! :-( - not a very good idea - I hope I still have my job next week!

Love Jen

LMAO Jen !! Hopefully he understands.

Love :smt049

Default demanded to go home, Funny stories

Hi all,
    I know what you mean about hormones. I was mucking around with my hubby one evening and I tore a hole in his shorts (in the crutch), to which I started laughing my head off....of course! Next thing I know, I'm BAWLING. I couldn't stop!
    Another time I was in a strange mood, I was singing silly childrens songs to take my mind off something I was trying to remember...u know the saying, if you don't think about it, it will come to you?! Well, I'm sitting in bed, singing "glumph went the little green frog" then I moved onto "we all know frogs go clap laddee da de da" then onto "does your chewing gum loose it's flavour?" as my hubby looked on in shock wondering what I was on. The whole time I'm laughing my ass off cause I know it's silly, but I couldn't stop. Then I remembered my mum taught me the chewing gum song....and started bawling that I wanted my mum! She lives a whole 20 mins away and I see her often so I don't know what happened!
    This happens mostly when I am over tired and god knows I hate not being in control of my emotions, but there we have it. My hubby is now very careful about upsetting me because I cry for no real reason and it astounds me when it happens! He just hugs me and tries to calm me down and tells me everything's ok.

I can't believe he puts up with me when I'm like that!
    But looking back, some of them are funny at least and at least I have stories for the little one when it comes along! *L*

Loved the "does the chewing gum lose its flavour" one I used to recite that to myself all the time as a kid. I remember even trying it too roflmao 8-[

Love :smt049

I bet my DH can't wait for the pregnancy hormones once we have finally conceived!! I just read a couple of these to him and I think he's now scared! :shock:
    As if I'm not bad enough before AF shows up!
    Does anyone else have any stories of their hormones out of control while pregnant??

Nikki Guest

I remembered when I was pregnant with Jayden that my biggest craving was jam donuts. I used to buy a dozen of them from Brumby's bakery & eat at least 2 on the way home in the car.
    Well one Sunday I went down there to buy my daily supply & shock horror they didn't make any that day. Well the poor sales girl copped an earful from me & lots of tears.
    I remember sitting in the car like a wreck, I called DH to tell him the BAD news. My sweet DH drove to the next nearest Brumby's & brought 2 dozen. I don't think he could handle me without my donuts.

Another pregnant moment was when we were having Nachos for dinner & DH used a fork to pick up some mince. Well I went off me nut about using a fork & how only corn chips are to be used to eat Nachos. I ended up not speaking to him for a couple of days.

Good Old Preggie Hormones!!!

Yes indeed! Good ol' pregnancy hormones!

I'm sure my DH can't wait to have the woman he married back! Poor guy. He makes me laugh all the time, and then I get to thinking about how much I love him 'cos he makes me happy, and he's cute and funny, and get all sentimental....then I start to bawl. Sometimes ends in hysteria.....poor guy.