Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does everyone get cravings? and when?

Default madras would

Yeah thats what i have been liking lately.
    I think its not a craving, more just an increase feeling for a our taste.

I sat there one night and ate a whole lemon, i just cut it up and ate it like an orange...

weird..

I haven't had cravings for weird things and I haven't had on going cravings but I've had a couple of times where I've just had to have something, eg when through two weeks at about 15w where I would go through chocolate milk like crazy and then at about 22w I craved cadbury creme eggs for about 2 wks. Cravings are a funny thing, but are as individual as each and every pregnancy is.

I LOVE choc milk! I have them a few times a week. I find in the morning I crave milk, but I have lots of milk when it comes to breakfast and my breakfast is always some like Special K or Muesli or Corn flakes. Always like to have those as they are Low GI and also have that bit of extra Iron and folate in them.

I never had cravings until now. Unfortunately cravings don't go with hyperemesis - so I missed them on the first 5 because all food was making me feel sick.

I haven't wanted anything weird - and nothing so powerful I was sending my sleepy DH out to the servo at 3am. But there have been times I have wanted a strawberry fruche or caramel cookie crunch ice cream from baskin robbins. Sadly, I never got the ice cream and on occassion I do still want it, haha.

Although the past week I have wanted to send my DH to the cheesecake shop. (Thats because we are now nowhere near a cake it away who have the profiterole party pack - YUMMY!) I only have to wait until monday for Harry's birthday to have a real excuse. Not long now....... but

lol in regards to working while your pregnant i worked at a fish n chip shop while i was pregnant and had around 3 weeks off the whole preg partly because i went in2 prem labour at 32 weeks n mum wouldnt let me move but i got sick of that so i went back and then me mum went on a honeymoon and told me not to work for that so i didnt have me son while she was gone and then i was working when i was in labour wrapping fish n chips thru contractions!! because i had so many false starts i wasnt goin to stop doin "NORMAL" things other wise it woulda stopped!!! and yes i would eat a block of chocolate a day too!!

Wink

I've been craving salt and vinegar chips, just can't get enough. Besides that I eat and eat and eats (seems to help the sickness, but as soon as I stop eating I feel sick again) so I think you could call that somewhat of a craving

I had a craving of lemon softdrink (like solo), that started before 12wks... But then all my other cravings, short lived as they were, were all thanks to the power of suggestion. I had a craving for tinned spaghetti and that only lasted a few days. I had a craving for liquorice coz I watched MASH where Klinger was trying to eat a Jeep. He ate a windscreen wiper and hey presto! I wanted liquorice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12