Thread: Doing the Harbour Bridge Climb at 12 weeks??

Default Doing the Harbour Bridge Climb at 12 weeks??

I just need some advice, i have a gift certificate that runs out on the 24th december this year. We were thinking of doing the bridge climb on sunday but im worried that i might be bad for the baby.

Is it really hard? do you think it would be ok to do it? i have had no morning sickness and have felt fine through the pregnancy so far but i am still worried about it.

i need some reasurrance, am i worrying too much??

I would think it would be fine if you're generally healthy. It's just a bunch of stairs and I don't think they go particularly quickly.

I still ran around a netball court at 19 weeks - but then I was used to it! If you are fit, you should be fine. Take your time, dont rush it, and if you feel lightheaded, sit down for a rest.
    Have an awesome time!!!!
    Fi

kirsty Guest

If you are really worried why not ask your Dr or OB their opinion??

The climb is really easy. The hardest bit is there's a couple of steep staircases... but the bridge itself isn't hard. And they do stop a lot. I think if you're feeling well you should be ok. I guess the only thing is you're not allowed to take anything with you, so if you think you'll be hot & thirsty you might need to take that into consideration. You can't even take a tissue with you! They provide you with hankies! ick! lol.

I agree with Ivana. It is fairly easy and you are stopping and starting all time. The worst bit for me was the climb up over the arch. My legs were killing me when i was clinmbing and to stop made it worse, but once at the top of the arch it is fine. It was kind of like being on a stair climber at the gym but the steps are a bigger deeper step forward than a regular step IYKWIM.

Not to worry you though but i am sure on the liability thing you sign before you start it goes through medical history etc, and i am sure it asked if you were pg and do not allow you to climb ( if you ring them before hand they will be able to tell you). I suppose that is to cover thier buts in case of anything happening. At 12 weeks i don't imagine that it is obvious you are pg, so go with your gut instinct. If you think you are fit enough and your health has been good for the pg-good luck and enjoy the view.