Thread: Dry peeling nipples

Default Dry peeling nipples

i am normal? my nipples are really really drya nd have skin flaking off them - it doesn't hurt but its damn ugly - they have grown to some hideous size already and are rather prominent. I am moisturising them at least twice a day but that doesn't seem to help that much - should i be getting some of the brest feeding nipple cream already and trying that - i just can't help thinking it doesn't bode well for me not getting cracked nipples when breast feeding....

AJ I remember getting very dry nipples when I was pregnant with Matthew they got so itching as well and at times I felt like ripping them off LOL

Each night I`d smear the strecth mark cream over them along with my tummy and thighs it helped a little otherwise as you say try using the nipple cream, I used Lansinoh towards the end of my pregnancy, lovely Nell recommended it so it could be worth a go now.

AJ - I haven't had this problem exactly, maybe just a bit dry, but I did read not to use soap on your nipples as it dries them out, so just wash with water. Sometimes when mine get a bit dry they are sensitive to my clothes rubbing on them, I've found the best thing has been pawpaw cream. (I use pawpaw for everything! LOL. Dry lips, dry cuticles, dry nipples.. apparently it can be used for nappy rash and sores too.) Useful stuff to have around

It might just be a 'stage' that they're going through. Mine seem to change all the time. Hope it eases up for you.

thanks girls thats a relief - i don't use soap at all - only soap free body washes and as the nipples are a bit sensitive in themselves - along with the breast in general i have been in the habit of hardly even getting them wet cos the force of te shower hurts too much...

i have heard of pawpaw cream as well for baby rashes etc might have to see if i can find some over here...or the lanolin based creams - i have some stretch mark cream will give that a go too - but am not too keen on the smell of the one i have...