Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dumb question - how do they work out how many weeks you are?

Default dumb question - how do they work out how many weeks you are?

I know, it might be a bit of a dumb question - but when you find out you are pregnant, do you say you are 4 weeks pregnant when really you are only 2 weeks? How does this whole thing work?

They work the date out from the 1st day of your last period.

love

Thanks for that - its just that i got a BFP on 2 HPT't today - so I should be considered 4 weeks pregnant

Yep that is correct & congratulations.

Love

Many congratulations MelbourneGirl. To find your due date you add 7days to your AF date and then add 9 months. eg. AF 2nd Oct due date 9th July. This is just approx but this is the way the dr calculated my due date until I went for my first ultrasound and had it revised.

All the best

Love

suze375 Guest

Congratulations!!!!!!

\/

Thank you for the congratulations - i feel i need to pinch myself - i can't believe its true!!!!

abs Guest

hehe, we are 19.5 weeks and Jen sometimes thinks she's just been eating too much

Congrats - hope all goes well

OMG well done sweety. That is great news.

P.S. It wasn't a dumb question at all. I didn't know either and it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Kirsty77 Guest

A huge congratulations to you!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Melb Girl...

The dates from you last AF is not always correct unless you have a 28 day cycle.

You need to take into account cycle length... So if you Google 'Pregnancy Expected Due Date calculator' and go to the site (one or two down the list) it's called www. hpathy something... you can put in your LMP, Cycle Length and LP if you know it. It will tell you your EDD, when you concieved, and how many weeks you are!!!

Good Luck

Pietta Guest

Well done- Congratulations

Congratulations Melbournegirl!!
    May I ask you a question on an unrelated topic, given you have just discovered you are pregnant? I am due to test within the next few days but feel exactly the same as last month (ie. not pregnant!). Did/do you feel different this time around when you tested (presuming this was not you first month of TTC)? Hope you don't mind me asking. Anyone else can also answer if they can!

abs Guest

oh something else

as has been mentioned, it wasn't a dumb question

My personal belief (and wording it sort of in pregnancy terms) is that there is no such thing as a dumb question, only dumb answers that lead you up the wrong fallopian tube

Places like this are the best for asking such good "dumb questions"

And you can bet that for every "dumb question" you have, there's plenty of others wondering the same thing

Aquariangypsii Guest

I read a post that said to count 38 weeks from your ovulation day to figure out when you are due - which kinda makes sense considering we all ovulate on different days.

Congratulations and all the best for a healthy pregnancy!!!

Well done MG, shortened your name sorry it's a bad habit of mine, tell me if you don't like it.

CONGRATULATIONS SWEETY

Ahww shucks guys, you make me feel really good - thank you all for the supportive comments.

Bethany - i noticed your post - I can tell you I sincerely thought I was NOT pregnant, even got a little teary about it about a week ago. My sxs when I think about them was that I had brown tinged cm about a week ago (must of been implantation), bright yellow urine for the last couple of days along with a "pressure" feeling on my bladder and increased constipation - though I can tell you know, I put these sxs down to something else because I honestly thought it wouldn't happen and didn't want to get my hopes up. Hope that helps.

Congratulations!!

I hope you have a bery H&H pg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast