Thread: Early Preg symptoms (or lack of)

Default Early Preg symptoms (or lack of)

I have had hardly any preg symptoms other than a fair bit of a peeing and a few bouts of nausea. However, when I was preg with DD I was as sick as a dog vomitting up to 3 times a day. I also havent been nearly as exhausted this time as I was last time.
    Has anyone else had really bad morning sickness and other symptoms with one preg and then next to non with another?
    I am getting a bit stressed that something might go wrong because I am not experiencing many symptoms!

My mum had the worst 9-month all day sickness with me, but nothing with my sister. She told me this constantly whilst I was preggers, I think she was miffed I enjoyed pregnancy so much!

Hi Ali,
    The first time i got pregnant i knew straight away as i had really bad morning sickness and felt faint all the time, i felt shocking - unfortunately that pregnancy ended in miscarriage a couple of weeks later.
    This time around I have had hardly any symptoms. My BB's are tender, i have to get up to the loo at least 3 or 4 times a night and some days my appetite is huge but apart from that nothing. I have had one or two days where i felt a little nauseaus but am thinking now maybe that was just all in my head?? I too was a little worried so went and got my HCG levels checked but everything seems to be fine - they are rising up nicely. When are you booked in for your first scan? I'm having one on Monday (8 weeks) and it can't come soon enough!!
    I've done some research on the net and i have been finding more and more bits of information where is says that some people just don't get many symptoms at all - maybe we're just two of the lucky ones?

Me Me Me!

With DD i was sick as a dog from 6-22weeks, 24/7, couldnt leave house without a bucket, couldnt eat anythign but green apples. Was just horrible and swore id never have another baby!

This time i was sick free til 9 weeks and it hit, but no vomitting...(well so far only about 3 times) i can go out with no bucket, eat wat ever i want, smells arent getting to me as much. BUT i have alot more cramping and pains....

so 2 very different pregnancies so far....oh and im also showing a hell of alot earlier!!

Ali, I think that a lot of first pg's are the worst as your body isn't use to the amount of hormones floating around, I found with each of the boys that m/s would start later and wouldn't last as long with Cody I didn't get sick until 10 weeks and then it was gone by 12-13 weeks. I was so sure something was wrong, so I went to the drs and I heard his hb for the first time.

So it maybe that your body is more use to the hormones this time around cause you only had Tori a little while ago. I don't know if that made any sense but I hope it helps.

hugs xoxo

I felt totally 'normal' with my first two pregnancies...bit tired, bit nasueaus, but nothing to write about. The first 12 weeks of this prg were awful, it was routine for me each morning to vomit and feel totally tired/exhausted all day....i was still b/f though. But each preg is different.....im having a girl too, so the theory 'oh, you must be having a boy' is squashed !!!

I was lucky my first time, no morning sickness at all. So far at around 5 weeks the trend seems to have continued!! Fingers crossed.