Thread: Early Pregnancy Worries - Please help!

Default Early Pregnancy Worries - Please help!

Hi - I am very new to this site and the whole pregnancy caper. I am 25 and pregnant for the 1st time.... to go along with this i am terrified of every change meaning something bad is going to happen.

I am 7w3d. I feel a bit worried at times as my symptoms don't seem to be as continuous or very severe.... I have had only mildly sore boobs (and they were only sore and swollen for a few days before going back to normal), i do feel a little neauseated at times but only briefly - never the draining m/s i imagined!

I did have some light brown staining when i wiped for a couple of days but there was no associated pain or anything with this so some friends urged me not to panic with this on the basis that my uterus was just stretching etc....

Possibly the only thing i have continuously is a constant feeling of being bloated and quite gassey...

My 1st ob appt is set for 10 weeks.... given this is my first time i feel worried that there could be something wrong with me - should i be worried or am i being neurotic?

Thanks heaps for any help or guidance you can offer!

Hey Tammie,

Sounds like the normal early pregnancy stuff to me. If you are seriously concerned then book an appointment with your GP and discuss it with him. You may get an early ultrasound out of it to check everything is moving along nicely - what a bonus that would be!!

After all I have been through I cannot say this enough, "if in doubt get it checked out" the Drs won't mind and it won't be a silly thing if it helps to aleviate any anxiety you may have.

Nae x

My symptons went on and off between about weeks 7 and 9. Then they came back with a vengance around week 10 and haven't left me since.

I also had brown coloured discharge and one bright red bleed. I was panic striken at the time but all is fine now. I still have moments were I am a panic monster but they are getting fewer and fewer. I think I calmed down a lot after the magic 12 week mark.

I don't know that what I have said has been any help but I don't think you are neurotic... I think you are a first time mum going through a first time pregnancy and experiencing the unknown which is often the hardest thing to do... I am doing the same at the moment!

WIth my first pg, I never got any of the classic pg symptoms, the only indication I had was no period, and sore bbs. No morning sickness or anything else. I had 2 incidences of brown spotting, at 6w and 8w, in my case everything was fine.

If you are worried they will probably organise an early u/s to check on the spotting you had, but if you go before 7w you may not be able to see a heartbeat, which is very normal, but can make you even more worried than you were/are already.

Don't stress out so much! I'm sure everything is fine! It really sounds like early symptoms of pregnancy, but touch wood as you say the morning sickness is only very mild! lol!

with my first pregnancy i was very similar to you, nothing really. As soon as I hit week 12 my morning sickness was extreme! I couldn't keep anything down, and lost 8kgs in 5 weeks!

But like NaeNae said, if you are concerned visit your GP
    He can always write up a referal for an u/s - and let me tell you when you first see your child on that screen - you're hold world changes!

Hope it all works out!

Thanks ladies!

I think i will just try to relax and wait for my first OB appt on 9/4... i was told i can ask for an early scan then so i might do that.....

Hopefully my lack of severe morning sickness continues because i am trying to keep my pregnancy under wraps at work! it is just such a confusing time - no idea what i should be thinking or feeling - so my reaction is to panic! LOL.

Thanks again!

I'll just back up the other ladies on the whole 'trying not to worry' thing, but you can get an u/s if you want one, I had one last week (at 7w2d) and they found a heartbeat straight away so being too early's not a concern for you. I still panic when I don't feel so sick one day and then get all relieved when I spew! And I'm guilty of constant self-prodding to make sure my bbs still hurt
    Have you joined a Belly Buddies thread yet? You may be in mine (just!) and it would be nice to have someone else my age, location etc in there! I'm 25 in April, this is my first and I'm 8weeks today.

Shades,

My estimated DD is 30/10.... but i haven't had a scan yet so not too sure how accurate this.

How do i join a BB group / where do i find them?

I am new to the site today and would definitely appreciate having other friends to chat to about all the craziness we go through!

You are in my Belly Buddies We're here - http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...st-2009-a.html