Thread: Early Scan

beth79 Guest

Default Early Scan

Hi,

Just wondering what is the earliest you can have a scan and see/hear the heartbeat?

Thanks!

Hi beth,

You can have a scan as early as 5/6 weeks but you won't be able to see much. You might hear the hearbeat but you can see/hear the baby better at 10 weeks and onwards. Hope that helps.

beastie Guest

hi beth,

usually you can see the heartbeet at week 8

Percy Guest

About 6 weeks give or take a few days.

With Matilda we could see the HB at 9 weeks, with this one Jovie the first time we saw the HB on u/s was 12 weeks (our first scan) and the first time we heard the HB on doppler was 25 weeks.

I am 8weeks and 3 days today. I went for a scan at 6 weeks and 2 days and they could only see the gestational sac and yolk sac. No baby or heartbeat was seen. I was a little worried at this because I had heard other people see the baby's heartbeat at between 5 and 6 weeks. I was told not to worry at all as it is still very early. I am going for another scan on Monday at 9 weeks and 2 days. PS. I didn't have an internal scan. Maybe if I had of they would of seen more.

JadeTara Guest

I had my first scan at what we thought was 7 weeks for a viability scan, and it turned out we were really 8 weeks along and we could see the babies heartbeat then.
    Wishing you all the best x x x x xx

I had a scan at 5 1/2 weeks due to spotting (it was an internal one) and we saw the heartbeat

I had a scan at 7 weeks with Hendrix and we saw a h/b!