Thread: Early Ultrasound

Default Early Ultrasound

Hi all, I guess I should introduce myself first! I'm Juliette from the South Burnett in QLD. 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant according to Wednesday's ultrasound.

According to when I thought my LMP was, I should be just over 7 weeks, but the ultrasound measurements estimate my dates to have been a week out (and it's possible I got it wrong!).

Anyhow...this is my first pregnancy and I'm sooo excited....and worried....all at once.

I had my scan just to let me know that everything was ok....The baby was 2.4mm CRL and had a good strong heartbeat of 121 bpm. Does anyone know what this means in terms of the chances of the baby being ok and the pregnancy continuing? I have just read so much about how delicate and tenuous the first trimester is....as excited as I am, I can't help being a little bit scared too...

Hi Juliette

Welcome to Belly Belly and congratulations on your pregnancy :happy4u: :happy4u:

I`m Deeanne, I`m married to Mark who`s 36, we`re 9 weeks pg with our #1, I was our as Mark has 2 boys from his previous relationship.

Try to stay and think positive that everything will be okay and bubs will stay where s/he is for 9 months, I know it`s hard to do - I think all pg women worry about the same thing I know I do. It`s a very exciting and scary time for all of us, your not in it alone thats why we`re all here to talk about our good and bad times and worries.

Take Care

Deeanne

Hi Juliette.

Welcome to BellyBelly. Congratulations on your pregnancy and look forward to reading about how it is progressing.

Love :hbeat:

Hey Juliette,

Welcome to BB! Congratulations on your pregnancy! It sounds like everything is going really well. I've heard that once you see a heartbeat the chances of m/c go down by a lot. All the best!

Angel.

meg Guest

Hi Juliette,

It is great to see a heartbeat at 6 weeks, this is spot on and the heart rate is good. I think they are happy with anything over 90. Angel is right, that once you have a heartbeat your chances of m/cing are greatly reduced. Also in terms of dates there is a 5 day +/- error margin. I have had weekly scans this pregnancy as I have had problems in the past, and we have had some varying results, just by a couple of days. My ob says it is because when they measure it the baby can either be in an extended position or curled up and that can be enough to make the difference. If you are concerned, you should ask for another u/s in another week or two for some reassurance. Goodluck. Sounds like all it going well.

Meg

Hey Juliette,

Welcome to BellyBelly. As the other girls have said, seeing a heartbeat at 6 weeks decreases your chances of m/c a hell of a lot.

Goodluck with the next 8 months and i hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Take care,

Debbie Lee Guest

Hi Juliet,
    Welcome to BellyBelly and congratulations on your pregnancy!
    You were so lucky to get to hear the heartbeat at 6 weeks! And how wonderful that it was nice and strong!
    I think I can speak for many women hear about just how anxious we all were in the first few weeks of pregnancy! Whether you have been trying for 1 month or 2 years, if it is something you really want, the last thing you want to happen is a miscarriage.
    Like the others have said, the best thing to do is remain positive. If you focus on "what ifs" then you will drive yourself crazy.
    I remember being really positive though still nervous at first. I think I just kept telling myself that this was our turn and it is all going to be just fine. So far, I have had no complications (no bleeding etc.) and a tonne of m/s so I am taking it that my baby is a healthy little sausage (though it can be healthy with no m/s at all!).
    I wish you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy and I look forward to hearing all about it!!
    Take care!

Hey Juliette, welcome to BB & congratulations on your pregnancy

Hiya Jules!

Glad you found your way in here!! (Jules has been one of my best friends for years!!! )

It sounds like everything is going great with the little one, and I hope the next 6 weeks can fly by for you, so you can have some peace of mind when entering the 2nd Tri...

Like everyone else has said, try and stay positive!!

I'm glad I could show this forum too as it really helps to be able to discuss your concerns and worries with people who are going through the same thing... I really wish I had known about this site when I was PG!!!

Talk to you soon, and take care!!!

Its great to see you in here Julliette!! Welcome to BB!! The monthly threads is such a great place to get out all your fears etc in the early stages of PG because everyone else is feeling very similar to you!! I found it to be a fantastic support throughout my whole PG!

Thanks everyone! It is so nice to hear the reassurance from you all. It is a pretty scary and exciting time, but you're right...gotta stay positive and not get caught up on the 'what ifs'! Great to meet you all! It's great to be able to share our thoughts on what is a pretty amazing time in our lives!

HSVGirl Guest

Default 6 week u/s

Hi Girls

I had my six week u/s yesterday - all is well 6 weeks and 1 day - 4mm length and 122 bpm. EDD 25-5-05

What a totally awesome experience!!! I cannot believe how much technology has changed in the last 5-6 years, it was really interesting!!!

Well hope goes well for all the other ladies in their first trimester - 6 more weeks to go and I go again which I can't wait for!!!
    Hope all you other ladies are trevlling along OK - major insomnia but I guess that is better than m/s!!!!!

Take care
    Sharyn

HSVGirl Guest

Default 6 week u/s

Hi Girls

I had my six week u/s yesterday - all is well 6 weeks and 1 day - 4mm length and 122 bpm. EDD 25-5-05

What a totally awesome experience!!! I cannot believe how much technology has changed in the last 5-6 years, it was really interesting!!!

Well hope goes well for all the other ladies in their first trimester - 6 more weeks to go and I go again which I can't wait for!!!
    Hope all you other ladies are trevlling along OK - major insomnia but I guess that is better than m/s!!!!!

Take care
    Sharyn

Hi Sharyn,

Congrats on the ultrasound results! Sounds like a happy and healthy bub. Your due date is only 6 days after mine....my EDD (according to my scan) is 19/05/05...

I know what you mean about not being able to wait for the next u/s. So exciting!

Cheers!

Jules

HSVGirl Guest

Hi Juliette,

Congratulations right back at you!!! We are close in our dates aren't we!!
    Thank you for your kind words!!! This is a wonderful site and I am looking forward to sharing my experience and recieving lots of valuable info - although I have been there once before (my daughter just turned 5) it is amazing how quickly you forget and how quick they grow up!!!

I was so excited I posted the same message twice - OOPS sorry girls!!!

Look forward to "chatting" with you all

Take care
    Sharyn