Thread: Eating sushi ok?

Default Eating sushi ok?

Hi there...
    I Was wondering would it be alright to eat vege sushi.. ie no fish or chicken???

Hi Mitch

I'm pretty sure that eating vege sushi would be perfetly fine. I don't know for sure but I was planning on having that when we go to the sushi bar for tea.

Hi Widdly..... thanks for the reply... I was jsut wondering cause I think I read something about being wary of rice that had been sitting for awhile!!! dont know though 8-[

I did all through PG, I hadn't heard about rice being a worry, I'm sure the stuff that had fish or chicked would be, but I hadn't heard about rice. I ate heaps of it & our friend is a sushi chef who used to drop food off to us once a week....

Thanks Christy..... gonna get me some tomorrow hopefully or Monday at the latest LOL

I've been eating avocado sushi alot. Anything to reduce my cravings for salmon sushi!! xo

Custardtart Guest

It's the raw fish in sushi you need to avoid, or meat that has been sitting there for a while. Vegetable sushi is just fine, but try to get it reasonably fresh. I've been eating spinach and avocado sushi rolls to try and reduce my sashimi cravings!

Kerrie

mooshie Guest

just do be careful with rice.

apparently rice can be responsible for food poisoning, if it is not rinsed, cooked and stored correctly. i was told this by a few people and most recently by my mchn.

also there have been a few reports on those current affair type shows lately (they do tend to blow things totally out of proportion) but there has been stories on sushie bars - they recommend that you purchase them from a traditional type japanese sushi bar rather than getting it from like just a sandwich shop or cafe type place, something to do with the way the product is made - but i think it is mainly to do with the fish and the temperture it is kept at.

Ditto on what mooshie said! They had food contamination thing on one of the current affairs shows. And they said even the sushi without fish/meat can cause listeria because often depending on how frequently those fridges are opened etc, and it should be eaten fresh. Basically just reiterating what mooshie said LOL! But you get the drift

*hugs*
    Cailin