Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are eggs ok to eat?

Default Are eggs ok to eat?

I have read that eggs are ok to eat as long as the yolks are hard, not runny at all. Does anyone know if this is right?

I've been feeling like poached eggs for the last few weeks & had one before I knew that runny eggs are not good. And now I really feel like one again. I don't mind if it has to be hard in the middle, just wanted to check if you guys know.

I ate eggs all the way thru my pregnancy Sarah. Runny middles and not. Although i am probably not much help because I ate alot of things your not supposed too

Love :smt049

Well, I guess seeing as I had a craving for KFC coleslaw last week which is on the no-no list, one runny egg can't hurt!!

ewww at their coleslaw. Gimme their gravy anyday

Ewww at their gravy - too peppery!!

Their Gravy must be different in Sydney, I hate peppery stuff too.

Yep eggs are fine Sarah. Just a no no to peanuts!!
    Yummm to KFC gravy especially their potato and gravy

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

Hmmm, might have to go to Adelaide one of these days to test out the KFC gravy!! Wouldn't that be funny

Yeah, I think the thing with runny eggs is the possibility of salmonella and listeria. You're also supposed to be careful of stuff that might contain raw eggs, like whole egg mayonnaise etc.

I ate eggs, I ate peanuts, I didn't eat coleslaw

Tanya

I ate peanuts too. Pigged out on them xmas day wasn't till the next day i realised LOL

I think the no peanuts thing is mainly if you or your rellies have an allergy to them :-)

I didn't eat peanuts at all as the doctor advised me to stay clear of them, even though we don't have any allergies of any kind in the family.
    I never ate coleslaw either, although, I would have loved to.

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

They say to avoid peanuts as it may cause allergies to the child later on. I am dying for peanut m & ms but I won't eat them, just in case. You can't eat coleslaw because of listeria. Pepermint chocolate is fine. I must admit I have been craving pepermint ice cream the last few days, so yes caramello ice cream is fine too.

I think it would be too early anyway for you to worry about eating the peanuts. I think its lateron in the pregnancy you have to be careful.

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

How funny is this.... I cooked the egg (well done, hard in the middle) last night to go with dinner had a small bite & thought it tasted disgusting!! The joys of pregnancy!!

Fletch they say that prepared salads run the risk of listeria, there are a list of foods to try and avoid on the main website. Login to www.bellybelly.biz then go to the pregnancy section & about halfway down there is an article on listeria which is really handy.

I am a bit confused as to why KFC coleslaw is so bad? I understand the prepared salad part, but they store their salads in a well chilled fridge so I cant imagine listeria being a problem? I ate colesaw once or twice from the supermarket (on top of yummy baked spuds) but the stress wasnt worth it, so I now buy the packets from the supermarket with no dressing. Surely thats OK? Let me know if I am wrong! (althought I havent eaten KFC coleslaw as yet!).

Sarah, funny about the eggs, I have the same thing with other foods, you prepare these yummy things and they arent what you expect! I found it harder in the 1st trimester so hopefully it wont last too long for you.

I also eat peanuts but only in Picnic chocolate bars and thats only once a day. hehe just kidding. I've had 1 or 2 since becoming pregnant.

Who drinks cola drinks??? I try hard not to but sometimes I just love the taste - are cola drinks bad enough for me to try harder?? I do not drink coffee and have 1 cola can once a week max - or I would like to if it is considered OK.

Jess

Jess, I think drinking one can of cola a week is fine. I mean I know people who drank coffee all through their pregancy and their babies are fine. I guess as they say 'everything in moderation is fine'. I have gone off soft drink at the moment. I went off it with Nicholas too. I prefer to drink water, milk and juice as they aren't fizzy. I can't stand the fizziness at the moment.

Appparently you are meant to avoid all pre-prapared salads while pregnant because of the listeria bacteria. Even soft serve ice cream, is a no no :smt022 No more Wendy's thickshakes

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

If I didn't eat everything I wasn't meant to during the pregnancy I would have been dead from starvation lmao 8-[

Cola drinks are fine Jess. Although I am another that went of coke when I fell pregnant with Kameron and I was pretty addicted. Now I can have a bottle sitting the fridge for weeks untouched.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast