Thread: elevated blood pressure?

Default elevated blood pressure?

hi everyone.i just have a question about my blood pressure. My baseline reading was 105/60, second month reading was 120/60 and third month reading was 130/75. i dont really know much about what the exact numbers actually mean but doctor said second reading was a bit higher than first and even re-checked it. i changed doctors for third reading and she didnt even seem to notice that the numbers were higher than the previous readings. just wondering if anyone knows if third reading is verging on dangerously high. i have been feeling light headed and almost fainted so i am a little concerned, even though the new doctor didnt mention anything.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Hollo
    your BP is not verging on dangerously high atm so you can stop worrying but it may be higher for you and is higher than you baseline -so I would ask your new DR or OB about it. Remind them to check each visit and keep a close eye on it.

Sometimes it can go up temporarily when you are nervous/stressed or worried - I know mine did - they call it white coat (DRs).

Pregnancy induced hypertension begins usually after 20th week - before this they call it chronic or essential hypertension and the readings would be well over your last reading. I had this early last pregnancy with no previous history of high bp. I was put on medication but it went too low so it was ceased.

You will more likely feel lightheaded and feint when BP drops suddenly -like when you stand up suddenly than with high BP.

Initially with High bp you usually have no symptoms and feel well even with kidney damage occuring - unless it is extremely and uncontrolled high BP and show symptoms like severe headaches/nausea/ upper chest pain and blurred vision -plus you will be weeing less and show protein in urine - This is pre eclampsia in a pregnant woman.

There is a BB article on Preeclampsia a condition where BP gets dangerously high but be warned in can worry you unneccessarily. I didn't read it to the end for this reason.

thanks a lot for your reply, it was very informative. i wasnt too worried just a little concerned about the different readings and not knowing what they meant, but your reply was reassuring nonetheless. thanks again.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I hope it is all okay for you Hollo - I think BB is great that we can reassure each other but you can always ring the midwives at the hospital -ask them if you worried about anything.