Thread: Is this enough nutrition?

Question Is this enough nutrition?

Hey All,

Well the past week and a bit (i think) m/s has hit me, with today being the worst. I dont seem to have an appetite for anything these days but the only thing I can seem to stomach is fruit and salad. But I am worried that I could not be getting enough nutrition from that.

On a average day this is what I seem to be eating... watermelon, rockmelon, grapes, apricot, apples, peaches, nectarines. Somewhere in there I could maybe have a yohgurt. For lunch I have been having a mixed salad (tomato, carrot, capsicum etc) and maybe a sandwich. Dinner is either chicken or lamb, with some sort of side and salad.

I know that everything I am eating is healthy but the thing is that I am still hungry after eating it, especially after my fruit salad. And also, is there some fruit in my list that I shouldnt be eating too much of due to the sugar content in it?

TA!

Last edited by Ngala; December 11th, 2006 at 03:45 PM.

I personally think what youve been eating sounds really healthy! youve got plenty of fruit and veg there, some dairy, meat, bread..
    If youre worried, you could take a pregnancy multivitamin just to be sure.

hope the morning sickness goes quickly for you

Sounds great to me too! Well done, I know how hard it is to force food when you are so sick. You are most likely taking pregnancy supliments too, so I'm sure you and bubs will be fine, sounds like you are eating great foods.

That sounds fine to me! Your body will crave anything you're missing out on, so if you're not having cravings then your diet sounds really good.

I'm with the others about the multivitamins; they made me throw up, but it's really good to know that you've got everything you need in your system.

Thanks guys! I am taking the blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding gold stuff and the doctor has put me on extra iron and folate.

I guess I was just worried because I am always hungry, but if bub's get the first of everything then thats alright!

I'm pretty sure if you want to up your calorie intake you could add in a bit of cheese or nuts (or chocolate?) or something like that which is very energy dense. Constant hunger is a feature of pregnancy, sounds like you are feeding your body and your babe some really good stuff there! Keep it up!

Wow, you're doing a lot better than I did for a lot of my first tri! I could hardly stomach anything. Bob is now growing so well he's measured two days ahead at my 19 and 20w u/s's, so obviously my very limited diet didn't affect him much. I think you're doing REALLY well.

If you are still hungry you could try adding some protein. For example if you are hungry after fruit salad then try having it with some yoghurt to make it more filling. Also cheese is good. And maybe some protein during the day like chicken, tuna etc.
    Like everyone else said, bubs get what he/she needs first so don't worry, you are doing really well!