Thread: Ergh I just can't relax!!

Default Ergh I just can't relax!!

Ever since finding out I am pg I just can't stop thinking out the thought of miscarrying I'm getting sharp pains every now and then but I guess that's the uterus stretching. I'm just so scared that this pg wont be viable after so long ttc.

I'm going to the dr on Monday afternoon do should I ask for a bt? I'd be 4 weeks 3 days then.

I think I just need so e reassurance :/

Yup ask for a BT will make you feel better .

I hope everythign works out fantastic.. i had period pains till 19 weeks..

Cramping and stretching pains are both normal. Hope the bt comes back wonderful
    It's going to take some time to settle in to the pregnancy and relax - maybe quite a while longer yet. Is there anything that might help take your mind off things or relax? Time out with friends or big chocolate binges...? Be sure to give yourself time and be kind to yourself. It's ok (or rather, it's normal and understandable) to be anxious.

Big fat Hugs babe. I am going through that same thoughts myself! I know exactly how you feel xox

Fingers crossed for both of us!! xox

Ahurani pregnancy after LTTTC is sooooo scary and hard. I was so paranoid when pregnant with DD up until about 35 weeks actually . I had bloods 2-3 times a week from just after implantation to 8 weeks and 2 ultrasounds during that time as well! If thats what it takes to ease your mind, even just a little then you go ahead and demand those referrals. If its something to assist in relaxing about your bubba then thats what you need to do x

Jakabella, same for you hun, if it eases your mind and makes this pregnancy just a little easier then do what you need to do

Hi Ahurani,

I'm exactly the same, stressed and anxious. I think it's the LT TTC thing.

I've asked for additional BT to measure my HCG, when you get it done over several tests it has more meaning that having one single test because you are looking for a pattern of HCG doubling or thereabouts. It gives me some relief for a short period of time. My FS does a 6 weeks scan which also gives some indication of viability.

I get cramping as well, it seems to ramp up at night and can become pretty bad. I went to an ED when it first happened but they said I was fine. I use a hot water bottle and panedine to help. It seems it is the uterus stretching, of the most likely explanation. I don't really have any other preggy symptoms.

I know it's a scary time, but remember most pregnancies turn out to be just fine.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Hun hugs as I said last night in chat stretching/cramping pains are very common, with no bleeding they are not an issue.

After getting preg having a mc then taking 12 months to conceive DS1 I know how stressful it can be, I was running to loo every 5 min to check for bleeding etc etc, and was worried even once I had started feeling movements etc. I was the same in preg with DS2 as well.

Its very normal reaction after any length of time TTC.

Go to the dr ask for a blood test and ask for a scan around 8 weeks if it will make you feel more comfortable!!
    Last edited by feeb; July 11th, 2010 at 11:49 AM.

Hugs, and Congrats on the little Bubba growing inside you!!!

I am a high risk preg, after losing my daughter 16 mths ago, also was ttc for 11 months this time round.

I too am paranoid, have had spotting on and off throughout and just can't relax and enjoy the pregnancy.

I get cramping and stretchy feelings, all normal, I had it with all of my children.

Get the bloods done for reassurance, and book in for a scan at about 7 weeks, you should be able to see bubs and heartbeat by then.

Hoping all goes well,

thinking of you,

take care,

Defs go the BT. That was the best thing for me, better than the early scan.

Fingers crossed for you...

Ah hon I understand your worry, after the mc's I had and then it taking so long ttc I also found myself thinking about mc again. All you can do is relax as much as you can really. I found it helpful to have the HCG levels checked right at the start and again just before 7 weeks. I also had a scan at 7 weeks and another one at 9 weeks (after the common mc time) just to make sure everything was still OK. Then I only had 3 weeks to wait till the 12 week NT scan and I think I may have even gotten another blood test in between scans, just to keep me relaxed. I guess what I am trying to say is not to be afraid to demand BT's and scans ans space them out so that you only have a week or two in between your reassurance. Sticky vibes to you my friend, I'm sure everything will fine xo

just hugs, i cant add anything to what all the lovely ladies have already said.

all will be ok..

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

totally understandable but you will be fine - you are leading the charge out of the 12 months + thread remember!