Thread: is everything ok

Default is everything ok

If I have some bleeding (light spotting only) and then a while later do another HPT and it shows positive does that definitely mean I'm still pregnant or can hormones hang around if you don't "naturally miscarry" but yet the pregnancy isn't progressing???

Sorry for the topic but I just have this fear in the back of my head

Kirsty77 Guest

Spotting is normal in most pregnancies as long as there is no bright red blood and cramping.But saying that you said you've done a hpt and its positive so i'd say everything is ok.If your worried ring a midwife at your local hospital or go see your doctor.

big hugs...I'm sure everything is fine

I had the tiniest bit of spotting when my period was due, i'm talking very very minimul and of course me not expecting to be pregnant was praying it WAS my period taking it's time...not so.

I had a period which turned out to be an implantation bleed so before I knew it I was 7 weeks pregnant and have had no troubles since except some pretty bad cramping which doctors tend to get worried about. My doctor said you are able to have a u/s to confirm if the pregnancy is still viable or not due to people have missed m/s.

Good luck!

Matey all the advise I can give yo uis see your OB or GP if you're concerned, to me it's nothing to be taken lightly, I mean if you're fine and all I'd rather feel like a **** 20 times asking that question then worrying.

God the amount of times I went to the hospital or called my OB cause of the tinest problem I surprised that he didn't have committed and is still willing to take me on a 3rd time. LOL

It is probably nothing and as long as it is bright blood or there is cramping, everything should be ok, but I would recommend you ring your GP or OB and get their opion.

Alot of women get some spotting during pregnancy and go on to have a healthy pregnancy.

Good luck, please let us know how you get on.

Take Care

Hi jaspen

Spotting is normal. It often happens around the time that you would have had your period. As others have said, if it is light and you do not have any cramping it is normal.