Thread: fatty

Default fatty

Sorry for hogging the message board ladies! I feel like i'm the only one starting new threads

I've been trying to search for previous threads on this without luck, so i hope i'm not repeating what someone else has already asked.

I am overweight, never lost the pregnancy weight after DD (gained about 20kg ). And then after my miscariage i weighed myself today and i've put on another 10kg )

I feel sooo embarrased about the whole subject.
    I'm worried this will be the pregnancy that see's me officially looking like a slob and hitting the three digit number (i was around 70 when i fell with DD, so that gives you an idea - i'm too close for comfort).

Am i allowed to diet while pregnant?
    I'm thinking weight watchers. I've had success with it before, but not sure what the rules are for pregnant women. I've got an appointment with the GP today, but i thought i'd ask you ladies.

Now you know my big fat secret, please don't tell anyone!

Hi Tellytubby,
    I have been on weight watches for about a month and lost 6kg before I fell pregnant. I am going to continue with it as I believe it is health eating and I feel full after each meal still, But I did have a little easter egg today hehe. I use to go for a hour walk everyday but cut it down to half an hour. Im not as strick as I use to be.
    I think it is a good idea to talk to your GP.

I hoped this helped and hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy

Thankyou for your reply.
    I wasn't getting any and was starting to worry ppl were judging me!

I just got back from the GP and she said weight watchers in fine. She basically said everything you did, that WW is about healthy eating, which is exactly what i need to do in my pregnancy. She said if i lose weight - bonus!

So i've officially started today! Just ate lunch and am now up to 7.5pnts

Not a prob I hope it helps I find it pretty easy to follow and the WW snacks a really nice.
    I have just realised that our Daughters were born 2 months apart and now you are 2 weeks pg a head of me whaoo isn't that funny.
    GL with the diet let me know how you go.

I have had to 'diet' to a degree throughout this pregnancy I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and am insulin dependent. I have to watch my sugar intake and eat a low GI diet. With only 4 weeks to go I am 2kgs lighter than I was at the beginning of my pregnancy and I even have some pre preg clothes that are too loose on me. So I have definitely lost weight. Obviously it has all been done under medical supervision, but it is possible and it can be done safely. i guess the key is just to get lots of healthy food in and avoid anything high in sugar/fat.

Tellytubbie - I am the same as you with reegards to weight gain. After my first I worked really hard to lose 30kg, was looking good. I fell pg again and gained 20kg with that pg, unfortunately I hadn't lost much of that when I fell pg this time round. Now I feel fat, and cannot bare to look at the scales to see my weight gain. The worst thing for me is that I work as a leader for weight watchers. So I am standing up three times a week in front of other people, telling them how to loose weight - and I am there feeling like a blimp. I love my pg belly, but I hate those excess kgs.

The sad this is that I don't have much advice - except for the usual try to eat healthy and focus on loosing the weight afterwards. I have already told my boss that I am taking the full 12 mths maternity, and will not go back to work until I get back down to my goal weight.

Hi ladies, thanks again for your replies - it's really appreciated!

Azzrenae and Misty i'm glad to hear i'll have some ww buddies on this site. I'll definately let you know how i go!

Good luck to you both aswell! I'm sure when we've all had our babies we'll be back into those skinny jeans before we know it haha

Hi tellytubby-
    Resricting food intake whilst pregnant is not the best idea, although the quality of food you eat during pregnancy can have a dramatic effect on the amount of weight you gain (and subsequently lose) during and after pregnancy.
    The best advice I can give you is to read the book The Natural Way to Better Babies by Francesca Naish (avail online) - its a brilliant guide for anyone who is pregnant!! It has advice for much more than just the optimum diet for pregnancy - such as how to reduce the risk of birth defects, low birth weight, premature birth, post-natal depression etc. Following guidelines such as this during and after pregnancy will ensure that your body responds in the best possible manner to your weight loss attempts after the pregnancy. Oh - and don't forget breastfeeding - nothing beats that for a metabolism boost!!

Best of luck to you...

XX