Thread: feel guilty - eating all day!

ttcno2 Guest

Default feel guilty - eating all day!

i feel foul all day (as i think i have whinged about several times already!) but the only thing that seems to help is to eat...im also very hungry (never knew you could feel really sick and hungry at the same time!) and so im eating constantly, and of course its not veggies! im craving salty things - savoury biscuits, chips etc...and im sure im going to be stacking on the weight as im also having trouble keeping up my regular exercise as im exhausted......
    i was determined not to put on too put weight this preg - i keep reading everywhere how its harder to lose it the second time, how the more you put on the harder it is to lose etc - but im off to a really bad start...
    anyone else in the same boat - and any suggestions??

Tammy05 Guest

Default ME too!!!

I understand totally! I am the same as you, sick all day and eating all the time. I have already put on 1.5kg and I am only 8wks preg.

I was told to eat but small meals and constantly. Also that after 12weeks it should slow down and the weight should steady. I try and have fruit and that but it just isn't the same as Chicken Treat chips or wedges.

Ok well maybe we whinge together,

Tam

I had the extreme hunger last week. There was one day that I could not stop eating because I was hungry all the time and if I stopped eating, I would be sick!! But then the next day I was back to normal. I am 12 wks today so we will see if it is going to settle down.

Also, one of the lovely ladies on here told me about preggy pop drops. They are lollies that can help with nausea and hunger. I order them as soon as I heard about it (last week) but still waiting for them to arrive at my door so we will see if it works! Well thats if I am going to need them..

Tammy - my doc said that at 8wks I had put on 1.5kgs as well. But I dont think I have put on any since then. Well atleast my weights arent showing it.

I am EXACTLY the same!!! Anything loaded with salt & I'm into it!

I was the same last pg too, so I'm just going with it - anything to feel better!

I got told to eat when youre hungry! Its not uncommon to be super hungry early in your pergnancy. I always feel really foul if I let myself get too hungry, so I snack alot during the day. Its good to have lots of smaller meals rather than 3 big ones.

Hello ladies, I'm dreading this as I remember it well from my last PG! I'm hoping that by rigorously sticking to Low GI carbs I might be able to prevent that emptysickhungrysick feeling - last time it seemed like the only thing that ever really cut through it was a greasy and salty meal (not recommended food)!

I'm seeing a dietician this time round, to prevent too much weight gain, and I will see her once she gets back from hollies. I'll be asking about this, but I suspect she will say to include a bit of protein in each snack.

Does anyone have more info about the preggy pops? I have heard the name but don't really know anything about them.
    :-)

if you're craving certain things, it might mean you're missing things in your body... I was craving (dont laugh, weird cravings like that are called pica!!) sand (beach sand to be exact) and my ob told me it indicate a deficiency, mine indicated i needed more iron.

Simone - beach sand (so sandpit sand wouldn't cut it??) LOL oops Sorry.
    Wouldn't that mean you were deficient in Silicon??
    :-)

LOL marydean!!

Hugs to you guys. I was the same - hot chips really used to hit the spot! I've no suggestions because I know that healthy snacks just don't cut it. Just wanted to let you know I know exactly what you mean. If you are smarter than me you'll excersise when you get your energy back, I guess...

Am so glad to hear that everyone feels so hungry so early! But I am not at all sick (altho only at wk7). I am eating about 4 toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches a day (this is my 'snack'!!) on top of normal meals ... I have also gained about 1kg already ... doesn't look so good for the next 35 weeks at this rate!