Thread: Feeling Faint

Default Feeling Faint

Hi Girls

Is anyone experiencing feeling faint at all? I am feeling very unsteady on my feet whilst walking anywhere! I wonder if i'm coming down with something? :-k

xx

I used to get Dizzy alot before I found out I was preg with Kam, but was okay after that.

Love

I used to get dizzy alot, often depends on your Blood Pressure, I have low BP as it is and when pregnant it drops quite a bit. I remember we went to see Moulin Rouge and when we got up to leave I fell down a whole heap of stairs because of how dizzy I was from sitting for so long!

So if you are sitting for extended periods take it slowly when you first get up!

*hugs*
    Cailin

I also experienced dizzyness through the 1st tri. Probably didn't help that I have naturally low blood pressure to begin with.
    Another thing that cause my dizzyness was low blood sugar (I think thats what it was) basically if I hadnt eaten for a couple of hours I would get the shakes and feel very light headed and sick.

Thanks. I usually have high blood pressure, but since getting pg it's gone back down to normal. O

Maybe it is low blood sugar...?

Thanks girls

Hi Welshgirl

I am sooooooo with you with the dizzy thing!!

It is probably a combination of a lot of things, all mentioned by the other girls.

If you suspect low blood sugar levels, make sure you eat regularly (5 small meals is better than 3 main) and eat something when you feel dizzy.

Do you tend to have low bsl's???

Hope you are ok

Seeya

I got dizzy a lot in the first tri - I still get it now. I have really low blood pressure most of the time (earlier in the year it was down around 90/60, but I was hospitalised then) and I just figured the dizziness was due to that...

Does anyone know if you can still have an epidural if you have low blood pressure already? Doesn't that make it worse? I'd hate to think I couldn't have the option to have one if I needed it...

Hey Jules, this is by no means a qualified medical opinion.... but I always heard that during labour your blood pressure is likely to rise by quite a bit, therefore a lot of the time they recommend epidurals to help bring it down.
    They were going to suggest one for me as my BP was getting up there, but I was already demanding one anyway, so both parties were happy, LOL.

I had really low BP throughout PG & pre PG & labour lol.... my average during PG was 90/60... so in labour I had an epidural and it went down to 80/50 which concerned them so they turned it off for a few hours but then nothing changed so they raised the epidural & my BP remained the same the whole time... so once they noticed my normal BP they weren't too concerned.....