Thread: First Heart Beat

Default First Heart Beat

Hi. Can anyone tell me when the embryo's heart starts beating? I know it is sometime in the 6th week but I have read conflicting information about when. I am going for a viability scan some time this week and I want to make sure there is likely to be a little heart beating!
    Thanks
    Karen

it depends on bubs, but most are between 5-7 wks. I went in when I was supposed to be 6wks with Kameron and was told not to be concerned if there is no heartbeat. It turned out I was actually 10wks anyway.

Love

Karen when i went for my scan at 7 weeks the sonographer said to me her theory is that there is a heartbeat before implantation, oly that the ultrasound equipmentn can 't pick it up till 6 weeks

cherryskin Guest

I read the heart starts to beat 22 days after conception. But we don't all know the exact date of conception, so you can only estimate sometime during week 5.
    Yay! I'm 6wk2d now so jellybean's ticker is most likely beating away!

I had a scan at 5 weeks 4 days and there wasnt yet a heart beat.. so depending how far along you are, dont be too stressed if there isnt one present yet

I had a scan done when I was preg with Noah at 6weeks 1 day and there was a gorgeous little heart beating away. I had to have an internal ultrasound done though.

We found a HB at 6 wks 2 days.

Hi Karen,

I had an early ultrasound when I was pregnant with my son. By my dates I was 6 weeks exactly, by the ultrasound I was 5 weeks & 6 days and we saw a heartbeat at that time.

All the best!