Thread: First movements

Default First movements

I was just wondering how early you can start to feel movements?

I was in the bath tonight and felt what felt like movements. Lots of little 'flutters' just above my pubic bone. I also thought that mybe it was my uterus stretching a bit. It went on for quite a while then suddenly stopped...

Anyone have an possilbe answers?

at 5 weeks, your bub is only half a cm long, so it couldnt have been movements, sorry!

It could definitely be your uterus stretching though.

Wont be too long for movements though

I personally didnt feel any movements till about 19 weeks, but some people fell them at 14 wks possibly even earlier. Bub wouldnt really be big/strong enough for you to feel movements at 5 weeks though.

I felt Bob at 15 weeks which I know is very early for a first bub. I don't think you have any chance of feeling anything at 5 weeks - sorry!

I agree 5 weeks is a tad early - the limbs are still budlike at that point and not formed so feeling any movement would be impossible.

I felt my first bub at about 15 weeks I think, the second one was much earlier though - I felt very small movements at 10 weeks on a couple of occasions, but I didn't really feel him regularly until about 14 weeks.

I first felt movements at 17 weeks, just like a flutter in my belly, you will know it when you feel it!!

Im sorry but as far as i know anything from 12 weeks to 17 weeks has been known but not common. like danni said the baby is so little it would be highly unlikley that you felt the baby move