thread: First time mum to be needs advice

Apr 2009
    Dandenong, Melbourne, Australia

First time mum to be needs advice

Hi everyone! I've just found out that I'm 3 weeks pregnant and as this will be my first pregnancy, I'm very nervous.

There are so many things I'm unsure of, what is normal, what isn't etc but I'm finding that searching on Google for symptoms etc is just giving me more to worry about.

I've been having period like pains in both ovaries and my stomach is tender to the touch. I'm really tired, but am having trouble sleeping. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or not? My OB/GYN is on holidays at the moment so I can't contact her for advice.

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

Feb 2008
    on a journey called life, finding our way home

Hi Lisa,
    firstly CONGRATS!! on your pregnancy. It is a very scary time, im sure what you are experiencing is normal, especially the tiredness but not being able to sleep. Im sure once you go to the ob then you will start to feel better.

Rest as much as you can. good luck!!

Jul 2006
    Melbourne

Hello, welcome and congratulations on your pg!

Everyones pg is very different - I had little or no symptoms with both of my pgies. I did have occasional cramping and that was about it..... I'd just take it one day at a time and book in to see your OB for an early scan. Best of luck

Nov 2011
    Perth

Congrats!

I had excruiciating pain for a week, which started at implantation - so before period was even due. It was so bad I asked DH to take me to the ED. Suspected ectopic, but nup all good! I was super tired also. Pains wore off about a week after finding out I was up the duff and now I'm getting those darned period-like cramps again, braxton hicks. Sigh :|

Check out the articles here on BellyBelly

Apr 2009
    Dandenong, Melbourne, Australia

Thanks everyone for your kind words! <3

Jan 2011

Congratulations!

I had the period like cramping too, nothing too severe but a general discomfort and mild cramping in the first few weeks.
    Like the others said try to get into your ob as soon as you can and in the mean time the articles here on belly belly are great. Unfortunately google can be friend and foe!!

Jul 2010
    Canberra

Congratulations!

Honey, everything is normal the pain you describe might still be from ovulation or your uterus starting to stretch. I had similar cramping and tenderness on and off for the first tri.

Chat to your OB/gyn when back, but maybe see your GP if there's any bleeding or the pain becomes intense.

For now, take it easy - and stay away from Google!