Thread: Fish Oil Tablets

Default Fish Oil Tablets

Hi,

Is anyone else taking Fish Oil tablets? My cousin is a natropath and she recommended that I should take them as they help the development of the eyes and brain.

Just wanted some advice from others that take these?

Im taking blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding formula as it contains all the vitamins and minerals we need

Hi Danni,

I am talking the Blackmores Folic ones at the moment. If I change to the one you have suggested, that will be enough Folic in there as well??

yes there is enough in there too! Plus you will find as it is a multi vitamin, you feel heaps more energetic too. Its a bit pricey but really worth it

Thanks Heaps Danni! I might look into the prices on the weekend! Everything is so damn pricey these days!

Cheers,

its about $40 for a few months worth. Try and find a discount chemist warehouse or a chemist with incentive schemes.

Our local chemist has free membership with 20% off all items, so makes it a bit more affordable

Flossie,
    I agree with your friend about the fish oil.

Fish oil particularly helps with brain development. It is included in Blackmores prg formula but the amounts are not very high. Most natural therapists I think would agree an extra supplement can be beneficial in pregnancy.

If you are taking folic acid on its own it's a good idea to also take B6 and B12 both of these aid the utilisation of folate by your body.

I was told by a natropath to take the blakemores multi pregnancy because it had both the folate & the fish oil in it. My naturopath said it was most important to prevent reflux as well?

I have just started taking folic acid. I take it in the morning b4 breakfast. it doesnt say on the bottle when to take it and i just put it under my tongue and let it dissolve. Is this the right way to take it?

Sara

Hi Sarak,
    Folic acid can just be taken with a glass of water. The time of day doesn't really matter - though some people complain that b vitamins cause them to have difficulty sleeping. B vitamins shouldn't be taken with tea/coffee as this inhibits absorption.