Thread: Flu and Early Pregnancy

Default Flu and Early Pregnancy

Hi Everyone
    Just wondering if you could give me some advice. Can having the flu have a impact on early pregnancy? I have been laid up all weekend with the flu and am feeling just a bit nervous.

I had a really bad cold when I was about 10 weeks, but I don't think it was flu as such... I don't think it can cause any harm to baby, it just makes you feel like crap... The worst think is not being able to take anything for it! I went out and bought a vapouriser so at least I could clear my sinuses.

having a cold won't have an impact, i'm not sure about the flu. one thing i was told by my doctor when i had a bad cold was that i really only need to worry if i get a temperature, in which case i should take a couple of panadol to bring it down.

hope that helps

Custardtart Guest

I think the only way a flu could impact pregnancy is that you need to keep your temperature down, as a very high temp can cause issues with the fetus in the first trimester. This doesn't apply to mild temperatures, only extreme ones, so don't panic too much.
    Like Dee said, the main inconvenience is not being able to take a lot of the common medications that make colds and flus more bearable! Panadol is ok, but only take what you need. Apart from that, grin and bear it, and drink lots of fluids!

I hope you feel better soon,

Kerrie

Hope you are feeling better hon... try some nice honey and tea and try and rest with lots of fluids.

sounds like a lot of rest is on the cards for you!

hope you are feeling better soon,

Linda

Pietta Guest

I have heard the same info- wont affect the bubs but is bad coz you cant get anything to help you