Thread: Food ?

Default Food ?

Hi ladies. I feel a bit strange posting in here because I am not PG yet but was just wondering if you can still eat cottage cheese when you are pregnant or is it clased as one of the cheeses that you shouldn't eat. Also I have read somewhere about not eating tuna while PG but can you eat Salmon? It is one of my fav foods salmon mixed with cottage cheese on crackers. Who knows if I do get PG I might not even be able to stomache it.

I think tinned fish is ok to eat i hope so i had tinned tuna for lunch.lol

PS your chart looks great

I thought both of them are no no's while preg

I've read that there are 3 levels of mercury, tuna is in the middle category but salmon is fine. If you do a google search on mercury and pregnancy you should get a few hits. There's also an article in the "Conception Articles" section of BellyBelly that is good. HTH!

I think cottage cheese is fine as its pasteurised. Canned salmon is relatively low in mercury and is an excellent source of protein and Omega-3's so its highly recommended. Tuna has higher levels so you shouldn't eat loads of it - 1 serve a week of canned tuna would be fine, probably 2 serves would be too but I'm too cautious to do that and I eat Salmon once-twice a week instead so don't "need" tuna.

I'm not sure what the recommendation is for that refrigerated smoked salmon you can buy in plastic packs, as far as listeria goes? Canned is obviously fine though.