Thread: food ideas

Question food ideas

hey guys,

lately I HAVE to eat meat with all my meals.

I would love to be eating a sandwich but I cant have ham so Im going nuts!

Is there any type of cold meat I CAN eat? please!

from a hungry mummy

Hmm. why not ham? Sorry, being vego, I never had to think about what meats to avoid.
    Can you have a kebab, or subway or something?

I hear you Danni! I love ham and really struggle to find an alternative...so would love to hear if people have other ideas on what to eat.....

Is this a listeria precaution? If so, you can get around it by cooking your sliced ham etc. Otherwise an egg is nice, and i'm a big baked beans fan....!
    :-)

hi Danni, unfortunately no cold meat is allowed due to risk of listeria, however you can have ham if its hot, so you can have a ham and cheese toastie..

Bel
    xxx

I craved curried egg something chronic!! (sorry not quite meat). You could do home made pizza's with cooked chicken or ham. If meat with every meal gets boring, you could try chicken caesar salad (cook your own chicken thigh or whatever and have it warm). Also a lamb salad. Chops with pesto is nice.
    just a few ideas xoxo

SmallSquirrel Guest

Hi,
    I was told my my OB that it is ok to eat ham if it is heated to above 65oC. This temp kills listeria, so I would just nuke (microwave) the ham. It crisps up a bit like bacon, but I liked this.
    Paige

ok guys, i tried the egg and mayo sandwich and im hooked!!! whoo hoo

smelly breath for me for the next 30 weeks

Oh, I love egg sadnwiches!

Just have to share this with you all - I'm a big ham eater too but my substitute has been avocardo, cheese and tomato sandwiches and they are just the BEST!!!

Mmmmmmm

Kelly xxx

I've been eating ham, I just make sure its hot when I eat it as I've been told its ok if its hot.

Danni, you could buy a roast and cook it and eat it cold. Cold lamb and chutney sandwiches are the best!. Also cold roast beef or chicken or corned silverside or even roast pork. If you do it yourself, you know there is no risk with bacteria IYKWIM?

Danni - I can't go past a Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato.

I cook some extra chicken or roast lamb to add to sandwiches when I don't want to have a toastie. Otherwise, toasted turkey, cranberry and cheese is good!

I've been having tuna sandwiches, avocado lettuce & cheese sandwiches and egg salad sandwiches.

I actually eat cold ham in pregnancy. I ensure that it is freshly sliced for me, and I wont eat it after 12hrs, but ham off the bone at Chrissie should be fine for you.
    Keep in mind that the bacteria grows on cut surfaces, not on the inner side. So if there was some ham that you really wanted to eat, you can cut the exposed surface off, and then eat whats underneath. Or at least - thats what I do!
    But I have been heaps more naughty this time. I'm loving the little ham sticks that are just new out. Sooooooo good And I have also eaten a doz fresh oysters in the last week, so I'm probably not a very good example setter.