Thread: GASTRO!!!

Unhappy GASTRO!!!

Hi all,

I've been off the radar the last couple of days as I had gastro this week!

I'm not too worried about it effecting bubs, I did have a mild temp which I know isn't good for bubs so I took panedol to keep that down.

I just wanted to check in and make 100% sure that this isn't something to worry about.

It wasn't too bad this time (I've had it a bit in the last couple of years - the joys of child care centres!) but I've never had it when I've been pregnant.

I'm nearly 11 weeks, so the placenta isn't 100% operational yet, and therefore the virus wouldn't have crossed to the baby I wouldn't have thought. It's definately something that I've caught and not eaten as my Mother In Law had the same bug at the same time as me this week and I saw her on the weekend.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Hi Tash (great name BTW ) I wouldn't be too concerned if you've kept your fluids up. The baby will always take what it needs. If in doubt though - give you doc/mid a call and see if they want to check you out. Sometimes with gastro they like to put you on IV fluids but if it was a mild case they would most likely just tell you to do what I'm sure you did - drink heaps! Hope you're feeling better now.

MG

Thanks MG, I am trying to drink a lot. Not going to the loo much in the day time, but always at night - what is with that!

If I was further along or it was a really bad case, I would have called someone to double check.

Thanks for responding...