Thread: Getting through New Years Eve

Default Getting through New Years Eve

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to get through morning sickness etc on new years eve? I dont actually feel sick very often in the morning it usually starts around lunch time and continues right through to bed time along with the shakes dizzy spells etc. I havent actually vomited just diarreah (sp?) and the shakes along with nausea. Does anyone have any suggestions how I could make it through to New Years without making a scene.

Love

oh hun - i hope that you feel better soon - i made an investment the other day for some seabands - they are wrist bands to help with travel sickness and they are great - not the biggest fashion statement but still. Also have you tried the blackmores Morning sickness formula? its a ginger and vitamin b supplement that helps - and also try a herbal health store for any other suggestions - i have a spray called nausmed and that seems to be helping... Good luck doll and i hope that you have a lovely night - i am stocking up on the sparkling apple juice so it at least looks like i am drinking bubbles - oooh and don't forget to eat....

Fee Guest

I'd probably stay home – is that an option?!

Do your friends know yet?

i have a similiar dilemma at the moment. i dont really have the sickness at night but i have been really tired and going to be at 9pm latley so i would love to just stay home too. however, i feel like i am expected to go out with friends. maybe you could just make an appearance and go home before 12, i think that is what i am going to try to do.

jaggard Guest

When I was pg with DD I was only 10 or 11 weeks and hadn't told anyone yet, well my family and close friends knew.
    I made a brief appearance but was so tired we went home.

I was 6months pg with DS on New Years so I stayed at home, couldn't be bothered with it all.

If know one knows yet, maybe get you partner to act sick as well and go on how you are both not feeling well and go home. The easiest way would be too stay at home, you wouldn't have to deal with anyone or stress about being sick, fainting etc.

LOL about getting DH to act sick as well, he had food poisoning recently and I think that my family will begin to think I'm trying to kill him.hahahaha. Missing new years is not really an option as it is the first one we have been able to go to in years as DH isnt working new years day this year. However I spoke to DH today and he is not going to work saturday and he will be looking after DD while I have a sleep in the afternoon. Love the idea about the apple juice, I just might pop into the supermarket on the way out and get some.

Many thanks for all your help, wishing you all a happy and safe new year.

Love

Hi there,

I would probably have a quiet new years if i were you, you dont want to go eating or drinking anything that will upset your stomach even more. Stay home if you can and even try to get an early night.

Take comfort in knowing that on New Years Day, most of the population will be feeling the same way you do!!

Good luck and take it easy, it will get better!

Fraser Guest

I get sick in the evenings as well - I'm going to try and have a nanna nap after lunch to see if I can trick my body into thinking it's night time then, so hopefully when I ge up at 6pm it will think it's morning..... I'll let you know if it works!!

I was wondering the same thing, we are just going to stay at home and watch the fireworks from our balcony. DH is going to drink, me well, I will be drinking water! LOL

Bel
    xxx