Thread: Going to the beautician

Default Going to the beautician

Hi ladies,

Does anyone know about going to the beautician. Are you allowed massages and facials and at what stage? Are there any products you should use??

Thanks,

Lisa

as far as i know, massage and facials are both fine. the only thing you really have to watch is later in pg, laying on your back for too long can cut off circulation a bit,

mooshie Guest

i go away for a girls weekend every year to get pampered - highly recommended for everyone

last time i went i was 26wks prg and i had a massage (on a special prg table) a facial and pedicure and manicure - all is fine

just make sure you let them know you are prg so they don't use some of the oils which you can't use when prg and also i couldn't have my usual body wrap because of being wrapped up like a mummy and the heat and everything, but the other things were absoultely fine and i personally think every woman should do this at least once a year.

That sounds pretty damn good to me!

i am a lover of facials and have found my skin really dry since pregnant. I am 12 weeks on Saturday and am booked in for a facial tomorrow, they know I am pregnant and said that it was okay, but I just wanted to check.

I might have to organise a pampering weekend with my friends, sounds great!

sounds good to me too.....I'm going to treat myself this long weekend and have a massage - all over

Fee Guest

I thought you should avoid massage in the first trimester…???

I hadn't heard that Fee, I know that there can be some issues if you have a deep massage but you should go to a qualified masseur who knows that they have to handle PG women differently. I had two during my first trimester because the relaxin released caused a lot of pain in my hips & lower back.

mooshie Guest

i haven't heard the either fee.

i actually get a few massages whilst prg as i have a problem with my upper shoulder when i am prg (which thankfully goes away after giving birth)

i think it is important to go to a qualified person who knows you are prg, i think the main issue is the oils they use can be a problem when prg but if they know you are prg they won't use them and will just use an almond oil or something else that is safe.

it is also important to tell them your prg so you can use a prg massage table it is a massage table with a hole cut out for the belly and it is just soooooooooo comfortable to be able to be on your tummy again for a while.