Thread: Got fitted for a maternity bra at 10 weeks

Default Got fitted for a maternity bra at 10 weeks

Hi girls,
    I got fitted for my first maternity bra on the weekend at DJ's. The lady was lovely and seemed to know what she was doing. After about 8 bras I finally found the best fit. Can't believe I am in a 'D' cup now. I mentioned that my boobs are very sore and my nipples get hard often but are not that painful. She said it was a good sign and said that I will be a good breast feeder. I was very pleased with myself actually.
    Anyway...I love this bra its so comfy but I can tell I am going to have to buy another one cause I have worn it everyday since. On that note how often should you be washing your bra's? I dont wash during the week because by the time I get home from work or gym and finish dinner its too late and I never get anything dry. But perhaps I may have to start making some changes. Is it bad to only wash my bra once a week?
    Thanks for advice, I hope you don't laugh at me...

Bras are something I'm always forgetting to put in the wash! But it is best to try and wash them more than once a week. Also, when you're breastfeeding, you may leak, and if you do, you'll definitely be washing them more than once a week.

Thanks for that. Do you think I should be doing it every second day? I usually have 7 normal bras and I wear one each day and wash them all on the weekend. But I only have this one maternity bra. Think I might get another one and alternate.
    Thanks

I used to get two of each size (I had to get keep upgrading and had four sizes of maternity bras as I kept getting bigger LOL!). But I used to get one first to try, and after a day or two when I knew that it was comfortable I'd buy another one the same. I wouldn't get more than 2 because you might be like me and have to go up a size (or 2) in another month, or two or three.

I should have mentioned about the sizing. You might want to wait until buying your next one, as you might get bigger. Pre-children I was a D cup, when b/f Nina I went to an E cup, and now b/f Emily I'm an F cup.

I know how you feel, i was fitted at about 10wks, went from a C with #1 to a D and now with #2 im a DD and i havent even got milk yet. lol.
    I also had to go back to the shop a couple of weeks ago cause it seems by back has grown but the cup size is still a DD so i've got a 10DD thats rather tight but instead of buying a 12DD the lady gave me a little clip that expands the back of your bra so i wouldnt have to buy another bra only to have to buy another one when my milk comes in and they grow again :S

Wow, I had no idea! I knew my boobs would get bigger but I guess I never thought about how quickly it would happen or the impact it would have. I can't sleep on my tummy anymore cause it hurts and I don't encourage big cuddles cause they hurt too. I am certainly not complaining, but I guess I didn't expect it to happen so quickly. Its all good though! As long as everything is going according to plan I am happy as a pig in mud!
    Thanks for your advice ladies.

Yeah puppies, you will most likely be surprised. Mine is an extreme case I think but I went from 12C to 14F. I'm now back down to about a D or DD cup but I have been bfing and/or pg for about 4 years now so I have no idea what will happen when DS2 stops bfing.

When you are near your due date, you should get fitted for a bra to cater for when your milk comes in also.

If you want some cheap comfy maternity bras to get you through until you see what size you end up later on I can recommend the Hestia Sports Maternity ones. They cost about $20. I bought a few early on as I'd gone up a size and they are still fitting nicely due to how stretchy they are (and all the extra clips at the back). I got mine at Big W. They go right up to a 20D.

woowsey! My DH is already impressed imagine if they grow more! Now that I know this I will remember to keep an eye on how my bra is feeling and if it becomes uncomfy I will go back to DJ's and get re-fitted. I want to protect my girlie bits as best as I can!

Good on you puppies. A good fitting bra is really important.