Thread: Handcream/body washes lotions etc...

mysterygirl Guest

Default Handcream/body washes lotions etc...

OK i know that aromatherapy and stuff is bad to put directly ont skin but what about other lotions and bodywashes that are scented etc - how much can be absorb into the skin - i have a peppermint foot scrub and foot balm that specifically says do not use while pg - but what about other things to avoid...

I have a moisturiser that contains Vitamin E Vitamin A and elastin - how much of the vit A can be absorbed through the skin - should i avoid this - its a shame a vit A is good for skin repair - ie. stretch marks...

Hi Mysterygirl,

As Lucy mentioned in the other thread, plant derived vitamin A is fine, it's just the retinol vitamin A that you have to be careful of.

Most things should have a phone number on them for inquiries so if in doubt you could call the company and ask them if the product is okay for use in PG.

HTH!

Mysterygirl, I just used my normal lotions while pg, none of them were aromatherapy or anything though. As Angel said, if you are concerned just give the company a call.

That thought crossed my mind too Mysterygirl. Lots of face creams have retinol A in them. I haven't worried about my shower gels and things regarding essential oils and things.. as they have soooooo very little in them. If anything we should be worried about all the other chemical ingredients in them! (sorry, I have a DH that makes soap and keeps telling me how bad commercial soaps and things are. lol)

Maybe I should get DH selling his unscented handmade soaps to preggie women! hmmmm!

mysterygirl Guest

thats settled my mond a bit - might just avoid them a bit for just in case sake - i have heaps of others!!!