Thread: Hanging out for 12 week scan!

Chalalan Guest

Question Hanging out for 12 week scan!

Hi ladies,

I'm almost 12 weeks pregnant but it doesn't feel real yet, somehow...does anyone else feel like that?
    I'm doing shared care with my GP and midwives (yet to meet them ~apparently I go to the birthing centre at 16weeks) so have only had 2 appointments with the doc and all she has done is take my blood pressure!!

I have had the blood test and am now DESPERATELY waiting...waiting...waiting for the 12 scan so I can see my baby and see if everything is ok....

How have the rest of you survived the wait to see your bub?

On a positive note: What I do love about being almost 12 weeks is MS has virtually disappeared! YAY

Chalalan...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I have just gone passed the 12 week mark, and it does all seem more real now!!!

And YES!! My MS has all but gone too!!! Its great!! I feel like a normal person again!! Just with a bigger belly!!! LOL And bigger boobies!! Haha!!

What day is your scan? I hope it somes quickly for you!!!

I am hanging out for my NT scan, but i have other reasons for that.
    I just hope my baby is ok.

YAY for you! i hope it flies for you

Grats that your M/S is gone! Mine didn't fully disappear until around 15-16 weeks.

I know what you mean about waiting for the 12 week scan, I found out about my pg at 9 weeks and I had only had one blood test, but I still wasn't convinced that I was pregnant. When I went to the scan, I was expecting them to search around my belly and say "I'm sorry, but we can't find anything!" because I really wasn't convinced that I was preggo at all!

I still don't believe it! I know it's true, but it's just amazing.

Hope time flies for you, I'm sure you're so excited about seeing bub!

Congratulations on your pregnancy. It's so good to hit the 12 week mark!! It's awesome that your ms is gone.
    Mine hasn't gone yet..and I'm almost 16 weeks now.

I still haven't had the the scan, it's still 3 weeks away for me. My advice is to not think about the date or look at a calender. Counting down days was making me really nutty.

Chalalan Guest

Tuesday feels like a long way away but its not really...the weekend will fly by and then I'll get to see my baby...

Thanks for replying and sharing this part of my journy ...I'll let you know hoe my scan goes!!

Chalalan - only three sleeps to go. I am so jealous that your so close hahahaha

best of luck, looking forward to hearing how the scan goes

Nae x

Oh, it's so exciting when you see them for the first time. But sometimes it doesn't seem real even after they are born - I look in the cot some nights and think 'holy cr*p, we have a baby...cool!!'

Good luck for Tuesday - can't wait to hear how you go!! Nice one on losing the MS btw - mine didn't go until nearly 20 weeks - what a PITA that was!

Chalalan Guest

Oh Suse, you super-hero! I would have been at deaths door if I was still sick at 20 weeks - How did you survive it?

I've been trying to pretend that nothing is wrong but its just yucky when MS hits ALL DAY! But I feel good now...so happy! sleeps Nae...hoping that everything is ok and my baby has all the right bits in the right places.

'super hero' eh? Just waiting until my cape comes back from the drycleaners and then I'll be back in action. Um, as for getting through MS - cold milk just when I was about to throw up. Sounds really gross but it makes vomiting so much more pleasant...