Thread: Has anyone fallen pregnant using condoms?

Default Has anyone fallen pregnant using condoms?

Just wondering how common it is to fall pregnant using condoms. I am on day 42 of my cycle, and use condoms as contraception???
    I am interested in hearing your story if you fell pregnant using condoms!!!

Hi Elly, I have fallen pregnant twice using condoms, first time i got pregnant with Nick and the 2nd time i got pregnant with #3 that is due in November.
    I'm thinking of suing Ansell for a couple of million $ LOL

LOL Naomi, Matilda was a condom kid

mooshie Guest

i haven't fallen preg using condoms but a good friend has - looks like it can be a very common thing

Why did I read this thread? I'm about 4 days late and we BD'd twice around ?O-time using condoms. Last cycle I made DH abstain around O time and didn't have any stress and AF arrived after exactly six weeks (of an about 6-weeks-ish cycle).

Sorry if this is a question asking about TMI, but when you ladies had your condom babies, was there any sperm left in the end of the condom after use? Or did it split? Just I know there wasn't any obvious sperm-loss with DH and me.

When did you realise you were pg too? Was it the missed period? Cos I think that maybe I'm just really late and not pg at all as I don't "feel" pg, IYKWIM. I'm just obsessing again for no good reason, sorry. I'll shut up now.

I fell pregnant while on the pill and using condoms (I'd been upchucking for a few days so I know the pill failed me).

My angel baby was born sleeping 12 1/2 weeks later.

ange-par Guest

I fell pregnant while on the pill and using a condom. The condom broke and I have no idea why the pill did't work...but I am very blessed to have Ella who is now 13 months old

smelly Guest

Yikes - I want more information! Thanks Emma for answering Ryn-Frog's question, but all you other ladies who fell pregnant using condoms, was there any sign that the condom had failed? And do you know why they didn't work? Like what causes a tear/rip anyway? Is it a fault in the condom itself, or a lubrication issue or what??

I can't take the pill, so my husband and I have been using condoms (and only condoms) for contraception for the past 4 years. I whinged and moaned about it for ages, but decided in the end to just 'get over it'. We've never had a problem so I assumed they were practically fool-proof. When we did decide to try for our first baby I was pregnant the very first month of TTC - more evidence I thought that condoms were really reliable. But after reading about all of these condom babies I'm starting to wonder if my blind faith in the little raincoats is misguided...

Smelly, both times i have become pregnant using condoms, there was no sign at all of a tear etc that was noticable, but Dp and i are very fertile, so it must have only been a little hole or tear that we couldn't see

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

update on my pg journal - 12 week scan - baby likes to bop

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/view...679898#6679898

P.S Every time i have had sex ed or read pamphlets on contraception, condoms have never been listed as being 100% reliable, neither is the pill. They have high percentage ratings of protection, but not 100%.

I think there must be huge disparity of how condoms are used too which would impact on their effectiveness. Many people believe they can't get pregnant with pre-come for example, or may put the condom on in the latter part of their lovemaking, not the whole time.

We can't blame the condom for the presence of tiny bilby, my DH is allergic to them!