Thread: Has anyone had there period and still been pregnant?????

amber1403 Guest

Question Has anyone had there period and still been pregnant?????

Hi everyone

I got 4 BFP test last week but then got my period. It started of heavyish and is now quite lite. It was very red to begin with and is now quite dark. Sorry TMI.

I have had no cramping or clotting and it has been going for 4 days.
    could i have had a misscaridge and if so why wasnt it painful?
    Could i still be pregnant? I have been getting lots of symptoms and i feel pregnant.
    I think im just trying to talk my self into it though.
    I have heard of women getting there period and still been pregnant.
    Just wondering if anyone here has been in the same situation.

Sorry for all the questions

Both my cousin and my grandmother had normal periods for 5 months with their pregnancies so it definitely can happen. A friend's step daughter just found out she was 30 weeks pg and had been having periods so didn't suspect anything.

Yes it can happen if you go to a dr they can give u a u/s to check and take blood tests to make sure the preg hormone is going up not down. They also have to check your bloodtype because it can be bad for bubz if your blood is comin in contact with it not sure why think they will give u an injection for it or something.

Take careand don't stress see a GOOD NICE dr and they'll sort you out :-) best of luck and *big comfort hugs* I got some bleeding too but only half a day and that was scary enough for me lol

Yes it does happen. If your period was lighter than usual then thats a good sign. You need to get things checked out.

Could also be that you are/were pregnant with multiples, and the loss you are seeing is the loss of only one rather than both/all. This has happened to two people I know. I would second the others suggestions of a follow up with blood test and ultrasound.

My sister was telling me about a lady at her work whom had a baby last year, then a few months later started her periods....she was quite a large lady...anyway she carried on with life, then in February found out she was 7 months pregnant !!!!!! She is due in April !!!!! SHe didnt even know. SHe has a 2 year old, 1 year old and will have a newborn soon.....she had her periods so didnt suspect anything....amazing...

A friend of mine when she was just 18 found out she was pregnant when she went into labour. She had had her period the entire time, and was playing netball when she fell over on the court and got these cramping pains soon after. She went to the Hospital and they gave her an ultrasound and she discovered she was almost full term (her baby was 'lying' quite low.) She had the baby that day. Unbelievable!