Thread: Having trouble concentrating, either day dreaming or worrying

Default Having trouble concentrating, either day dreaming or worrying

Is it just me having trouble concentrating. I find myself day dreaming about bub most of the day. Just staring at my US pictures and wondering what the baby is doing right now and what it will look like and how the birth will go. If it can hear me sing or speak, can it feel me when I rub my tummy. What the nursery will look like. How will the dog accept the baby, will I be able to have the time I want off for maternity leave, what if I dont want to go back to work when I will be expected to. Will both grand mothers help out with baby sitting?
    Wow its endless. Last week I woke up at 3am with the night worries. I was panicked about how I was going to afford to take time off work without any money or little coming in from my end. Is this kind of thing normal? I am a bit of a planner and I like to be organised, so maybe I am just a bit nutty?

Sorry but it sounds completely normal to me. I did the same for the first trimester (ok, and beyond). Firstly I was excited, wondering about how bubs would look and how they would grow up. Then I worried about would s/he be bullied at school and how would I deal with drugs and teenage sex. My thoughts went haywire. It was the strangest feeling as I am normally very organised.

DH thought it was bizarre. Even now has to tell me things twice or more and often has to attract my attention as I am daydreaming.

I did it throughout my first pregnancy and am still doing it with my second. DH is looking forward to holding a conversation with me where I don't space out on him.

Good luck with your pregnancy.

Thank Courtney,
    Wow just had a look at your ticker! 31 days left, ohh I am so excited for you. You have a month to go before you get to meet your new baby. You must be excited? How are you feeling? Are you working? If so when do you plan on packing up?
    Oh good luck with your big day mate!

I am very excited and scared too. My main concern is how mys DS will cope as I don't want him to feel left out or replaced. I feel great physically though a little awkward at times. It is better this pregnancy though my first one was fairly easy as well.

I actually gave up work last December as DP and I moved to Townsville then (DP is in the military). I was going to look for a job but decided it wasn't worth it when I found out Speedbump was on the way.

Oh, and the worst absentminded moment of my first pregnancy was I forgot my DH's name. After all, we had only been together for 8 years. It has not been that bad this pregnancy thankfully.

Thanks for the good wishes. Unfortunately I am positive I will be 2 weeks overdue as Speedbump is showing no sign of being interested in being born. Hasn't even started engaging and I have not dropped at all. DS was 11 days overdue and induced. He was engaged at 33 weeks and I was sitting low from about 31 weeks.
    Last edited by Chocaholic; July 8th, 2008 at 05:07 PM. Reason: forgot a word

Sounds normal to me. I used to "zone out" at meetings, just stroking the bump. I had a LOT of useless meetings when I was pg so it was quite nice to just play kicky-pokey with Liebs while everyone else argued a lost cause.