Thread: hcg slow rise

Default hcg slow rise

Hey everyone,

I just needed some ideas on hcg levels.

One week ago, mine were 78,000 @9w4d
    Yesterday, mine were 84,[email protected]

My GP said he would have liked to see a higher rise than that, but at least it's a rise..

I"m just thinking though, they aren't supposed to rise much at all between 10 and 12 weeks are they? Then after 12 weeks they actually go down? Or am I mistaken?

I just don't want this to become another point of anxiety for me, but I'm a little worried since the doctor said that.

Any experiences with this?

Hi Tara,

Hcg levels are very confusing aren't they. They just vary so much..
    I'm probably not much help. But I also thought that at this stage they really don't go up much at all, if at all..
    The figures the lab gave me states that at:
    8 weeks the median is 85,172 ( but can range from 46,509 -186,977)
    10 weeks the median is 66,676 (but can range from 27,832- 210,612)..
    It doesn't have what it would be at 9 weeks, but it would be somewhere in between I guess!
    Anyway by those figures your numbers don't look too bad hey? But I don't really know much about it..I would be more focusing on the great U/S's you have had..that means more I think..

All the best..

Hi Tara

All I know is that when HCG levels rise so far then they tend to slow. Thats what my IVF nurse told me. Hope this helps!!

Good Luck

Sounds about average to me, I wouldn't worry about it at all

The HCG peak is around about 10-12 weeks (everybody is different) and the increasing rate as you approach the peak is pretty slow. If it was still doubling every 4 days at this stage you'd be expecting almost 400,000 by week 12!

Quote Originally Posted by *Tara* View Post
    Hey everyone,

I just needed some ideas on hcg levels.

One week ago, mine were 78,000 @9w4d
    Yesterday, mine were 84,[email protected]

My GP said he would have liked to see a higher rise than that, but at least it's a rise..

I"m just thinking though, they aren't supposed to rise much at all between 10 and 12 weeks are they? Then after 12 weeks they actually go down? Or am I mistaken?

I just don't want this to become another point of anxiety for me, but I'm a little worried since the doctor said that.

Any experiences with this?

Thankyou so much girls for your reassurance. I have decided that I am NOT going to worry about it this time. I've had so much 'maybe' news that has nearly eaten me up, this time I'm not going to let something so variable get to me. My dr went on to fill out my first AN card for shared care, so I am sure that if he was thinking it might not be okay, he wouldn't have done that. I just wish he didn't say to me 'I would like to see it rising more than this'.

Thanks so much again!

Hey Tara, have you checked out THIS thread?

Hey Danni,

Yep, thanks I have seen that. It's not the actual levels that I'm worried about, it's the amount they are rising. Even according to that thread it shows them slowing down and decreasing around now.

If the doctor hadn't said what he said and just told me the numbers, I wouldn't have thought anymore of it. 6000 rise between 10-11weeks I reckon is just it peaking.