Thread: Hearing HB with doppler how early have you/ your Dr/Midwife?

Default Hearing HB with doppler how early have you/ your Dr/Midwife?

Just wondering how early have others heard their bubs heartbeat with the doppler? I haven't worked in antenatal for years only birthing now so I can't remember the earliest I have picked it up but I usually wont try until at least 13weeks (thats on someone else)

Anyway silly me tried last night at work on myself and of course I couldn't hear anything (I'm 11+2) I know my friend hear her bub at 11weeks exactly. With DD I tried with her too and didn't hear her until 15weeks. Just wondering when others have been able to hear their bubs? TIA

With ds it was about 16 weeks, but the placenta was on the front wall. With dd1 it was earlier about 11 weeks I think.

I had my GP try at 9 weeks with DD2 and we did hear it, but she was very surprised to hear anything (DH can usually hear my babies' heartbeats by putting his ear to my tummy by this stage too). I had a Ob appointment at 14 weeks with this baby and they wouldn't even try to listen. I think it might just be a bit too early for you to hear anything - it must also have something to do with where the baby is sitting and the position of the placenta so early on as well. I reckon if you can hear it early, everything must just be in a really good position for listening.

Sending lots of sticky vibes your way. Try not to worry

I was checked at the hospital the other week, and the doc heard it, it was just before I was 15 weeks. My placenta is at the front too.

i went to emergency dep at 10 weeks as i was very sick had an intern see me..i was very nervous that bub wasnt ok an he got the doppler out an we heard it then!! also i had my first antenatal the other night at 17 weeks an also heard it then

Quote Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
    I had my GP try at 9 weeks with DD2 and we did hear it, but she was very surprised to hear anything (DH can usually hear my babies' heartbeats by putting his ear to my tummy by this stage too).
    Seriously? :/

I just heard mine & im 12 weeks.

I had an Ob appt at 9wks and he was able to hear it will his ultrasound machine.

The doctor has been doing it for weeks, but I can't remember how long ago it was.. I've heard it a few times though!

I had my first maternity appointment at 11 weeks and heard it then.
    The midwife was surprised to have heard it though and told me not to worry if we didn't. Thankfully we did!