Thread: Heart Beat

Default Heart Beat

Okay so I am a little paniced and am sure I am over reacting.

Yesterday I had my first OB appointment and he couldn't find the heart beat said everything was fine otherwise but that bubs was hiding behind my pelvic bone... he wants me to have an US ( booked in tuesday) and see hime wednesday.. Am I worrying for nothing... ( please tell me yes)...

Apparently, bubs doesn't come up over your pelvic bone until at least 12 weeks, so I'm sure you are fine. I had to have an internal ultrasound because the gestation was so early and the external would not show anything.... You'll see the heartbeat on the ultrasound (It's so cute )

I'm pretty sure that your baby's heartbeat can't be detected by a doppler until 12-14 weeks? Though you should be able to see it on an u/s from just after 6 weeks...

I wouldnt be worrying too much if I were you... I'm sure everything will be just fine at your u/s

What you have experienced is extraordianarily distressing, however detecting a heart beat via doppler is extraordinarily difficult at 10weeks. The baby hasn't risen up over the pubic bone yet and this makes it near impossible to hear. Sometimes it can be difficult even at 14 weeks. This is also due to the fact that your baby is so tiny and can (and often does) move away from the doppler.
    I wish you a good result from your scan which I am sure you will get.
    Love and baby blessings,
    Deb

Thanks guys. i will try and stop stressing

I guess thats why they dont normally do scans until 12 weeks then huh? Imagine all the stressed mummies-to-be!
    You'll be fine I'm sure. The OB would have said something if he/she was worried.
    Fi

Hi Emishka
    It is very difficult to find the babies heart beat at such an early age.
    Your OB should have told you this before he/she did the doppler test.
    Please don't worry, I'm sure everything will be OK.

Alan (Midwife)