Thread: Heart rate at 6 week dating scan

Default Heart rate at 6 week dating scan

Hi everyone,

I had a 6 week dating scan today and it was amazing to be able to see the pregnancy and see the heartbeat.

Having said that, I'm still a little concerned about the heart rate. The scan showed my EDD to be 11 Sep, making me 5 wks 3 days. The heart rate was 92 bpm..... does that seem a little low??

I had a miscarriage in November, so I'm feeling very anxious about everything with this pregnancy.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

angelique Guest

Hi Sandra,

Like you, I had a scan earlier but for the life of me I cant remember weather it was 6 weeks or under. 5 weeks & 3 days is really early so I am not sure about the heart rate at that stage. Did u ask your sonographer about it or maybe your local Gp? They may help clarify this info for you.

Sorry I cant be of more help. Try not to worry babe and always ask the sonographers questions if you are worried. Make them work for their bread.

Best of luck with everything!

Thanks, I asked the Sonographer and she said the heartrate was fine. I also know that they aren't able to say too much and that I need to speak to my Dr should I have any concerns.

Thanks for your reply. I've made an appointment with my GP to discuss the scan.

Thanks

angelique Guest

U know sandra, there is a thread called PARANOID which has something about not finding a hearbeat at 5 weeks 4 days. Someone else has said that u can see it beating at 6 weeks. U may have caught it at its earliest stage. Mine must of been at six weeks because it was 120bpm. I thought that was low but it does get higher as you go along, hightest for me being 181bpm.

Check out the PARANOID thread in the first trimester general discussion.

Good luck babe

Thanks Angelique!

Maybe that's all I am being, paranoid!

Here's hoping anyway..

Hi Sandra

Normal heart rate is between 110 and 160. However, just like all of us, it is common for the baby's heart rate to be faster or slower than the normal rate for short periods of time. 92 bpm is fine over a few minutes