Thread: Heart rate at 6weeks 4 days

Default Heart rate at 6weeks 4 days

I had my ultrasound today and the heartbeat was measured at 123bpm. Can anyone tell me if this is ok? I have read about peoples baby's heartrate being around 150 and thought 123 might be too slow/weak. Is it ok?
    Thanks

Delta - My GP & the sonographer both told me that a bpm of between 120-180 is normal for a baby. I remember panicking when I was at the opposite end of the range and her heartbeat was 178bpm because I was so sick.

Try not to stress too much.....I know that's easier said than done but I'm sure your OB or GP would tell you if they were concerned.

123bpm sounds just fine. As Bec said, the babies heartbeats can vary a fair bit...
    Try not to stress... and congratulations on hearing the HB for the first time!

My babies heart beat was 146BPM at 10 weeks, so I wouldnt be worried about it as it is still withing the acceptable range!!!

kerry Guest

My Ob told me that between 5 and 8w any heart rate over 104 was fine... it usually picks up after the 8 week mark.

Don't worry.

My little Bigfoots HB at 6w1d was 113... so far so good at my end as I am sure you will be too.

Oh, thank you so much for your replies. I really should learn to relax. before the ultrasound I was scared in case there was no heartbeat, then there was so I worry it isnt strong enough ](*,) I am hopeless 'must relax' 'must relax'.

Kerry, thank you too, as I needed to hear about someone elses story similar to mine. I feel so excited now.