Thread: Heartburn!! :-(

jay-b Guest

Default Heartburn!! :-(

Does anyone know how to get rid of heartburn/integestion? Or have any remidies that may relieve it, mine is sooo bad i can't sleep, and i am so so tired i can't stand it ](*,)

Drinking milk when eating worked for me.

Milk has been helpful for me too.

drinking milk was helpful for me too, and the rennie tablets too

take care
    Lesley

I slept upright in my last few months of preg with Maddy & drank a big glass of milk just before bed!!!

I also chewed on Mylanta (or similar) immediately after dinner!!!

Melinda Guest

Have you mentioned this to your Doctor? I know that I had awful heartburn when PG with Jacob and my OB prescribed Zantac for it!

colleeg Guest

jay-b,
    i too still get heartburn and morning/day/night was just awful, i was eating mylata & gaviscon without any relief. so my GP and my DR put me on Zantac which is available on scrip or over the counter.

Its relief is amazing it turns off the over production of acid (due to pregnancy and the bub) where as the antacids put a barrier and wear off pretty quickly.
    this is a saft category A medince and i highly recommend it to anyone out there suffering from this YUK!!

good luck
    Colleeg \/

I've been told Zantac is good too.

Best of luck

jay-b Guest

Thanks guys,
    I will ask my doctor about this zantac stuff, it sounds wonderful. =D>

Custardtart Guest

Default heartburn

I would recommend against using peppermint tea for anything while pregnant, as mint can set off uterine contractions. I'm a huge fan of peppermint tea and had to stop drinking it as soon as I got pregnant because it caused stomach pain, in fact, I can't even eat a mint slice (biscuit) as I'm too sensitive to it!

I rely on Mylanta, during my first pregnancy I actually had a bottle of it sitting next to the bed.

Kerrie

Jay-b definitely get the Zantac. It was the only thing that helped me. I couldn't sleep or eat/drink (only water). It was great stuff.

Custardtart Guest

Default mint

If it doesn't seem to affect you then I wouldn't be overly concernced - if I followed ALL the "do's" and "don'ts" of pregnancy then I'd be a decaffienated mess I do love my cup of tea in the afternoon.
    If you've been taking it til this stage without noticing any ill effects then I'd hazard a guess you'll continue to be fine with it, just watch the quantities.

On the other hand, if you run overtime for a week, then you might be very glad of a few strong cups of peppermint tea!!

I know it's not the same, but chamomile tea is sovereign for everything - really boosts your auto-immune system, apart from the other soothing benefits.

Kerrie

Debbie Lee Guest

I have been chewing on quick-ease like it is going out of fashion. I mainly get my heartburn at night. I have tried extra pillows but then my neck gets sore.
    I have told my Dr 1000 times but Zantac was never mentioned!! Grr!
    Ah well.. not long to go!