Thread: Heartburn???

Default Heartburn???

Hi All,
    I am 9 weeks pregnant and for the last 5 days I have been feeling what I describe as tightness in my chest area on and off most days. I have been told it could be heartburn. Is anyone else experiencing heartburn so early on in their pregnancies. Must admit it is freaking me out a lot. Not nice feeling tight in that area, and not knowing why.

thanks
    xxxxxxxxxx

i felt at that time like an asthma/heartburn feeling like my chest was being squished.. not sure what it was but i still feel it a fair bit sorry i dnt have many answers just wanted to say dnt freak out other ppl have it to

Stilloping
    Heartburn does not feel like a tightness it feels like a burning sensation. Any feling of chest tightness should be checked out. Go and see your doctor

LizzysMum Guest

I am getting more like I feel something is in my lower throat. Just started. I had shocking heartburn with my first so I just figured this was the start of it again

lotusmamma Guest

Some people find relief from heartburn by chewing a handful of almonds with the skin on.

I read somewhere that a big glass of milk helps with heartburn also.

Try Rennies for heartburn and indigestion. They are great. I have a stomach ulcer as well so have been pre warned that my reflux and indigestion will be worse than normal throughout my pregnancy. I stick with the rennies as well as sleeping more upright.
    Part and parcel with pregnancies though, I think

I also had a couple of Bouts of heartburn early in my pregnancy and I was worried that it was just going to get worse but thankfully I have only suffered from it a few times.

Rennie and Mylanta helped a lot during those times.

Lets hope that will be it for you.

Linda

Oh thanks everyone. I did what the nurse said last night and ate slower and didn't lie down for 2 hours afterwards. When I went to bed I propped myself up for a bit and then laid down fully and I was quite good. I took two antacids after dinner, so I think heartburn must have been it, along with a bit of stress. Ate lunch slower today and felt good after lunch. I just thought it was too early for heartburn as I don't normally get it. I suppose anything and everything can happen during this time. Lucky us...

thanks again for all replying