Thread: Is heartburn a symptom??

Default Is heartburn a symptom??

I think I am pregnant, well 2 x HPT seem to think so! The only symptoms or clues my body is giving me that I may be pregnant is tiredness & heartburn. I have never heard of heartburn being a symptom?? I do not usually have this problem so am I imagining things??? :neutral:

I get heartburn when I'm pregnant - and tired. Good luck and I hope this is it for you!

Oh, me too I am now 8 weeks 5 days, I was getting heartburn at the start, and I do still get a little when I eat naughty foods. I never used to get heartburn though. Some one told me that you don't normally get it till your stomach is getting squashed, but I say fooey to that, because I didn't have any symptoms either, then my bbs started feeling like they were bruised, and I realised after the fact that my snotty nose was a sign too as I didn't have a cold.

Wow I just read the post properly and realised that you said you have done 2 HPT's and they were positive. Congratulations hun - that's fantastic!

I have had heaps of heartburn in my pregnancy. I didnt get it really early on though.

CONGRATULATIONS Renee, your definately PREG hun!!!!

Thanx ladies, I just got back from the doctors and the urine test he asked me to take didnt come up with a positive, but I went to the toilet 1 & 1/2 before I saw him. I am hoping this is the reason why I got a BFN
    But this heartburn is 100% new to me! Thanx for your answers, fingers crossed my blood tests come back positive tomorrow!

any news yet on the bt reneenay??

Congratulations!

Your all scaring me, I've had heartburn for the past week or two every day and i never get heartburn...

Renee - congrats sweety!! Whooo hoo! Yes heartburn is a symptom - I had it at the start for every pg!

Quote Originally Posted by reneenay View Post
    Thanx ladies, I just got back from the doctors and the urine test he asked me to take didnt come up with a positive, but I went to the toilet 1 & 1/2 before I saw him. I am hoping this is the reason why I got a BFN
    But this heartburn is 100% new to me! Thanx for your answers, fingers crossed my blood tests come back positive tomorrow!

Renee, I went to my doc on EXACTLY 4 weeks pg and did a urine test. He only got the teeniest, tiniest, faintest line on that test. He didn't mind at all and was happy to take my word for it (I'm terrified of needles so he didn't send me for a blood test) that I was pg and had got a + on a HPT. I can tell you now, 18 weeks later, I was (and am) definitely PG LOL Remember, you didn't use FMU for the docs test and usually they test for a higher level of hormone than your standard HPT.

A BIG congratulations to you!!!!!!

Renee - the tests at the drs are not as sensitive as the ones we buy from the chemist so I suggest you go back in a week or so and get him to do another one. But if you got a +ve on a hpt - then you are pg, and I noticed from your ticker that you have tested earlier which is probably the reason the dr's test is not showing yet.

Yep, i got heartburn before i got a BFP as well - in the two week wait.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I had heartburn in my two week wait with Elijah too, very early actually, which I knew was a sign, because I don't very often get it, unless I am pregnant Can't tell you about Marisa because she was a surprise baby!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know