Thread: Heavy vaginal feeling

Claire Guest

Default Heavy vaginal feeling

This is my 3rd pregnancy and yesterday was the first time this pregnancy that I have started to feel the 'heavy' feeling in my vagina.........

It could be because my pelvic floor isn't very strong and I have a slight prolapse couldn't it?

Or considering my history do you think I should be more worried?

i'm not the most experienced person to be answering any questions, but i would like to suggest if you are worried about it then i would go see your dr. At least you can get peace of mind if nothing is wrong.

Hi Claire - do I understand your ticker right - you are 13 weeks? And you have a slight prolapse diagnosed, or you are wondering if you might?
    I have heard of others complaining of the same thing in a healthy pregnancy. Some women get varicose veins "down there" during pregnancy too, because of the great blood volume circulating in the area then. That could cause the "heavy" feeling you are talking about.
    Also, if you do have a prolapse, and a weak pelvic floor, then your growing uterus could very well be putting pressure on everything and causing discomfort. I would have to think that that might ease a little when your uterus "pops" over the pubic bone, but it would probably be somewhat achy through the whole pregnancy, and worse again when your baby drops.
    Probably someone with more experience than I could give you a much better answer, but that's the best I can come up with. And I would definitely mention it to your OB at your next visit, and ask for suggestions on how to cope with it, and possibly relieve the problem, somewhat. I'd recommend doing your Kegel's regularly to help tone things up a little.
    All the best!

Claire Guest

Thanks for the replies - very strange but I haven't felt it since. I spoke to a MW and she suggested that if I am worried to come in and get everything checked. I have my HR appointment next Thursday so I will definitely discuss this with the consultant and I will ask for an internal and cervical length scan just to check.

I get that feeling, I've been told that it's referred pain from my uterus. It's similar to when I had a post partum infection and haemorrage after my other babies, it's really heavy and painful. My tummy didn't hurt then, but that area ached like hell.

I get it now and have most of the pregnancy if I squat or am sitting unsupported there, or for a good few hours after DTDing.

I'd definately mention it to your OOB due to your history especially.

Claire
    It is something that you should mention at your next visit. Usually it is not a problem but ocaionally it is an indication of what is known as an incompitent cervix. But as the feeling has now gone I think it was normal