Thread: Hello there!

*Megan* Guest

Default Hello there!

Hi Everyone

Wow - what a great site! I love reading all of your messages...I posted a message in the main forum site yesterday and have been encouraged to talk to the lovely ladies in the first trimester forum.

I am just over 9 weeks pregnant and have very few symptoms! I had a scan at 6 weeks and heard the little heart beat - but since then it has been smooth sailing...which is kind of worrying! I hope that the baby is still there.....as this is my first time, I am hoping that I would know if it wasn't - but again I am not sure!

Anyway - just trying to keep positive at htis stage and cannot wait for the 12 week mark!

Does anyone have any thoughts about pilates during the first trimester? I have been doing it - but was just wondering if it is safe....
    I have been reading lots, and a lot of the information can be contradictory, so if anyone has any tips at all - please pass them through.

I will look forward to speaking with you again soon

Megan

Hi,

The Pilates instructor should always ask if there is anyone pg in the class. You could speak with the instructor prior to the class if you are not comfortable yelling it out. When I did Pilates there were some moves modified for women who were pg.

Just wondering why did you have a scan at 6 weeks (if you don't mind me asking)?

Gemma.

*Megan* Guest

Hi Gemma

Thanks for responding....I will definately speak to the teacher before each class, as I am really enjoying it and don't want to give it up. but being a first time mum - I am really nervous of doing something to harm the baby!

I don't mind you asking at all about the scan...It was a total surprise that I was pregnant as my husband and I had been trying for a while and I had been on clomid and I was about to start clomid again when I found out I was pregnant. We weren't sure of my dates (as my periods were virutally non existent) so my doctor wanted to be sure early on that everything was OK and to get an idea of how far along I was. I was relieved to have one, as it confirmed everything as I wasn't having any symptoms (other then tiredness and sore breasts)

Looking foward to the next one though - as sometimes I don't feel pregnant at all..

Keep in touch!

Megan

Hi Megan,

I'm 8 weeks pg for the first time and I also concieved using clomid. I actually did a HPT on the day i was due to start my 3rd cycle of clomid and was shocked when it came up BFP!! We had been TTC for 9 months and my periods were non-existant also since coming off the pill after 7 years.

My OB/GY is sending me for an u/s on Thursday so i am really really hoping to hear a heartbeat [-o< it's also to see if the estimated due date is about right because i must have O'd really late in the 2nd cycle of clomid (100mg).

I don't know anything about doing pilates sorry so i can't be much help there. i was a regular at the gym but haven't been since i found out i'm pg. I want to wait until friday when i see my OB/GY so i can ask her, then i'll probably ask the gym instructor also what i should do. I was hoping to do something like body balance and aqua aerobics maybe?

More and more people keep telling me so many different things i shouldn't eat that i'm starting to question everything i put in my mouth!! cooked chicken, salami, soft cheeses, caffine, alcohol (of course i knew that one!). I could starve - all my favourite things!!

Oh, and i have had plenty of symptoms (which i did want at first, but i'm so over it now!!). Vomiting, nausea without vomiting all day, fatigue, dizziness. It's only lasted about 2 weeks, but i want it to stop now!!

Sorry i rambled a bit!

Hey Megan,

Congrats on your pg! I conceived on Clomid as well and am just over 10wks. Feel free to check out the 1st tri monthly thread where we all get together and chat. Looking forward to getting to know you!

*Megan* Guest

Thanks again for your emails....please ramble on - I love it! It makes me realise that I am not alone....

I had none existent periods after going off the pill after 13 years (without a break as I had endomeriosis..or however you spell it) so I know the frustration of no ovulation. It puts you under extra pressure!

The food thing.....I miss smoked salmon the most and goats cheese!

Keep in touch and let me know how your ultra sound goes on Friday...will be thinking of you!

Megan

Hi firsttimer,
    I am 11 weeks preg and have been doing pilates usually once a week. I let the instructor know I'm preg, and she modifies it a bit. If I lay on my tummy, I have a few cushions under my waist and chest so my tummy is comfortable. But mostly I go on my side when the others are on their tummy. I only do the class for relaxation, so if anything feels like it could strain me, I just don't do it.

*Megan* Guest

Thanks Berry - I am only doing pilates once a week as well - but would like to increase it soon.

Hope that all is going well for you

Megan

I had a similar experience at yoga the last time I was pg. I told the instructor prior to the class and she would just either give a little shake of her head not to do something, or would just say that if there were any pg ladies, that they should not do the following stretches.

Most of the time, people are on their backs or with eyes closed in yoga, so no-one knew who was and wasn't doing things. At any rate, there are a lot of people that do pilates and yoga for back probs that can't do a lot of the movements.

Hayseed